Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Requires Access Rights

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tcarter0
Aspirant
Aspirant
I invited my wife and son to my Arlo account to enable geofencing with their phones. They both have iPhone 11's, and I have a Pixel 4. I had a hard time getting geofencing to work. I read a bunch of articles. One suggested taking spaces and special characters out of the device names. Didn't help, but they are still named without spaces or special characters. I read one that said to give them access rights, which I don't prefer to do. When I did, it started working immediately. After an hour or so, I removed their access rights. That was a month ago, and geofencing has been working well, until today. It showed my Pixel as out of zone when I was home, and their iPhones were unknown. I rebooted everything to no avail. Changing modes out of geofencing to something else then back again seemed to get my Pixel working again, but not the iPhones. Then I gave them access rights and both immediately showed up as in zone.

The access rights thing doesn't explain my phone since I always had it. But do the other users need access rights for it to function? I hope not, because that would be a really poor design.

This stuff seems very buggy. All apps and firmware are the latest as of today.
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure on access rights for geo to work...

but as to yr pixel, try and increase the geo zone size...some agps system are not as accurate.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tcarter0
Aspirant
Aspirant
That could be an issue, but changing modes from geo to something else then back again immediately put me in zone with the Pixel, and it's been working great for a month, and the other two phones stopped working today as well.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation