Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Front door camera recording 2 to 3 times a minute with no movement from outside

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bfrst2c
Follower
Follower

Ultra camera mounted over front door within a small screened area is recording two to three times every minute, even thou there is no movement in the area and we have turned down the sensitivity to 35% We moved the location of the camera within this porch area but to no avail. All of the other 3 cameras are fine and record movement when present.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bfrst2c,

Do you have audio detection enabled or only motion detection? When adjusting the sensitivity, did you do this in the modes/rules for the camera?

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

One of my cameras is suddenly doing that today as well! Driving me nuts. I have videos that are 4-5 minutes long with NOTHING happening in them. Or some have motion for about 10 seconds, but it continues recording for 2 minutes after the motion stops. I've turned the camera off and then back on, and that didn't help. I probably will completely remove it from my system and reinstall next, but I hate doing that because it resets all my custom settings. 😞

Jiminlewes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed a 4 camera kit three weeks ago and yesterday one camera started recording 2x a minute for several minutes. I turned it off and 30 minutes later turned it back on. Same result - recording 2x a minute with nothing there. Settings are same as the other three cameras. HELP!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jiminlewes,

Is there anything moving in the cameras field of view that would be causing motion to be detected? You could also try reducing sensitivity on this camera to see if that produces the desired result.

JamesC

Jiminlewes
Aspirant
Aspirant

No movement at all. I have reduced the sensitivity already hoping to eliminate the camera recording squirrels, rabbbits, etc from setting it off - but to no avail.  One morning I got over 50 recordings.  Two days after this happened all four cameras quit recording.   When in doubt reboot. That's what I did. I did a reset on the SmartHUB and then everything started working again as normal. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation