Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Jdelvalle1
Guide
Guide
Can anyone help me with Formatting the SD card for the new ultras? Keeping saying it needs to be formatted but I can’t seem to find info on how to format it. Please help.
13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo SmartHub > Local storage > click "Format SD Card"

It will take a few seconds to complete the format but afterwards you should be good to go.

JamesC

evanwynn83
Initiate
Initiate

James can you be more specific, this option is not open in the app or myarlo account, clicking on the format sd card do nothing, i cannot even change sd card setting, I reformated the sd card before inserting the drive in the slot.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

evanwynn83,

Unless there is a problem with the SD card, after inserting it into the SmartHub you should be able to format using the mobile app or when logging into your account on the web client.

Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing after navigating to the settings above?

JamesC

MedStudent
Star
Star
I also need help with this. I also do not have a button to click to format.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens if you reinstall the app as well as use of a browser?

evanwynn83
Initiate
Initiate

So I think i figure it out, on the app this option is lock you have to go to the myarlo website, under setting, under my device and select base hub, then go down to format sd card, then wait for it to reformate the drive. you have to do this on the myArlo website first before you can do it on the app. after I did this on the website it unlock my app option.

I added a screen shot. hope this help

MedStudent
Star
Star

Thank you Evan! It is only online!

martinm1
Guide
Guide

This is really annoying.   Put the card in, recognizes there is a card. Says it me to be formatted, provides no option to do that in the app. I trie logging in to my arlo web And it gives plan and account details, but if I click on devices it sends me back to the app. I see no “ settings” choice, etc. I have a card in my pro base station and it is straight forward. Why is the ultra such a pain to enable a feature that is marketed. 

martinm1
Guide
Guide

Got it to work. Erased and reformatted on Mac with disk utility, then inserted again and option to format showed up in the app. Appears to be working now. Clearly does not require going to web site, but may need to be erased before inserting. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@martinm1 wrote:

I trie logging in to my arlo web And it gives plan and account details, but if I click on devices it sends me back to the app.

That's because you used a mobile browser but didn't set the browser to use the desktop version.

RafaMata
Initiate
Initiate

I made this to resolve the problem: I insert the micro SD in my Mac. Open disk utility. Then be sure to click under the SD card on the left side. Then go to “Erase” and then put a new name (whatever) and “Format” I used MS-DOS (FAT) and boom! Now is working.

Kassia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, you can try the Disk Management and CMD command to check whether your SDcard can be formatted. If it can still not be formatted, it may means that your SD card is corrupted. You can assign a new drive letter to solve the issue.

Kassia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here I find  a site that offers many advices on how to format SD Card, if necassary, you can take a look.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation