Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So, there's a new firmware update that I thought I'd apply to my base station. 

Could someone from Arlo please clarify the function, if any, of 'Firmware version' function. Upon pressing that, I get 'No updates available'. Is it ever possible to update firmware that way, as in my years with Arlo, I've never see  an update being available that way, and even then, since there's no option not to install updates (!), what is actually the function of that message/function. 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It is occasionally available when selecting Firmware Update in the device settings but usually the update is done automatically overnight. That's why you don't see any updates available - it's already been done. If you were ever to see a message about an update being available, you could ignore the message on the Devices card and go to the device settings and check - it should then be there.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think you're right. 

My base station is stuck on 1.19 firmware with 'No updates available'. Even the Add New Device option doesn't find new firmware.

So, I don't think the 'Device Info' option does anything, but happy to wait to hear the others' experience, too. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

They probably pulled the update because it is likely the cause of "No 4k or 2K local  live streaming".  Probably lucky you didn't get it.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, that's probably the reason. Although, since the latest update, the base station hasn't updated to 1.20; It's still on 1.19. So, how does this updating work? And does it at all when you select that option 'firmware version' in Arlo app?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I wondered @JamesC if you knew why I can't initiate firmware update from within the 'Device Info > Firmware' option? It'd be helpful if you explained the whole firmware process to us, as it's been 2 weeks since the information regarding new firmware has been posted on this forum, but my base station hasn't updated yet. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edinburgh_lad1,

This firmware release is not yet available in the EU. While it is planned to be made available for users in the EU, I do not have an ETA at this time for it's release. I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

JamesC

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ah, no worries - thank you @JamesC. That makes sense and clarifies everything. 

Probably a good idea if this kind of info is in future releases included in the release notes as a postscript.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation