Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
load_master_5
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo ultra 2 (h10)    firmware 1.070.53.2_4_f049237 updating to  1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f

because of this my 700$ in cameras do not work -  only record to library  - preview screen is obscured by  'Firmware update is available.' live view and recording is unavailable ,  its been 2 days - still wont install firmware 

'WHAT DID YOU DO NOW ARLO ?' this is stupid , always a problem with your stupid devices

firmware will not install 

changed batteries placed cameras next base station then  on top of base station - restarted all base stations VMB4540  and  VMB5000  internet is fine highspeed everything . restarted my router - jiggled my wires so to speak  since that's what you normally gaslight everyone into thinking it is , when it's usually just your lousy product DEV team .

- factory reset one of the cameras still did not work .

it begins to install blue lights blink on camera  - then stops and  'FIRMWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE'  reappears on device feed  ocassionally ERROR CODE  4209

im an electronics designer and engineer and your product sucks . period !

fix the firmware update or REMOVE it - 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This update flag has been temporarily removed, you should be able to live stream uninterrupted. 

Please let me know if you still experience this issue with the firmware prompt on the screen.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is continuing to investigate these reports of failed firmware updates. While the team continues to gather more information to work toward a resolution, we will be removing the update flag for these cameras to allow the devices to be streamed. 

18 REPLIES 18
bctc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I even put the camera right next to the Arlo router and still it does not update. I have turned off and on the camera. Taken out the battery. Restarted the whole system. Nothing works.

Screen Shot 07-06-24 at 09.51 PM.JPG

bctc
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that no matter what I do this screen will not leave my parking lot arlo camera

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

As they control the process of firmware updates, rather than the user, patience is usually the way forward.

If you can, leave the camera near SmartHub overnight. Then, if no firmware has uploaded by itself, restart the SmartHub.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you remove the camera from your account and add it back?

bctc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll try that. Thanks.

bctc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that a couple times and still didn't get rid of the firmware update notification. Thank you, though.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @load_master_5 

Thank you for letting me know, I have escalated this for you and the support team will be reaching out as soon as possible. Your escalation number is: 44169472

IsaacY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @IsaacY 

Thank you for letting me know. I also escalated this for you and Support will reach out soon. 

Notechgenius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same cameras. Same problem. What is the solution?

load_master_5
Tutor
Tutor

no solution yet - its been a week without my ultra2 cameras - 3 out of 4 cameras are useless 1 at least records to library . will not update no matter what i do - i have reset  the router and cameras .... does not help . they say its bandwidth  turned all other cameras off powered down everything but one camera - does not help .

even put the camera and basestation in a faraday cage  (all outside interference blocked ) nothing helped.

an update for my pro4 cameras happened - no problem at all . 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo doesen't support you.  I have the same issue for 3 weeks.

I have done a factory reset to everything, switched batteries, tried firmware update different ways, put the camera next to hub over night for many nights.

The camera records motion feeds, but you can't live view and it's in a constant firmware lock.  What's funny is the camera already has the firmware it's trying to update it to.

Now support is telling me to buy a new camera because their software does not work and their updates.  Year in a half for a 300 dollar camera that dies is unacceptable.

Issue is they store history of cameras and data on their servers and cache.  I notice I can delete all my arlo history on their website, and completely reset every part of the security system and when I add the camera it has the 'last' image it recorded show up before I deleted it.   It's a complete failure on their end, and they won't address it.

ArloSupportAwfu
Aspirant
Aspirant

They lie.  First they say it's your bandwidth, then they blame the battery, then they blame other things.  They don't have accountability.  I had the issue for 3 weeks now and support keeps going in circles and new staff constantly and make me start over.   I have tried everything.  Their firmware bricked devices and they don't own it.  It's almost time for a class action lawsuit because i see other threads like ours.

Their software bricked their 300 dollar cameras, and nothing we can do will recover them.  They offered me 20% a new camera today because they ran out of ideas to try.

The funniest part of all of it?  My cameras that have same issue as you are already on the firmware it says it's needs to update to.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is continuing to investigate these reports of failed firmware updates. While the team continues to gather more information to work toward a resolution, we will be removing the update flag for these cameras to allow the devices to be streamed. 

ArloSupportAwfu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you pass that information to the techs who are working on case 44188567?

Nothing has changed, and every day after I work with someone at arlo through my case they give me someone completely new and have me try the same steps over and over and over again without reviewing previous notes.  It's a vicious cycle and the worst service without over exaggerating I have ever seen at a company support line of service.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This update flag has been temporarily removed, you should be able to live stream uninterrupted. 

Please let me know if you still experience this issue with the firmware prompt on the screen.

Delagumi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue with my arlo doorbell that’s hardwired.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation