Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Ive only had the 2 camera Ultra System and very disappointed, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE!

First and foremost, is the FISH EYE (Current Open Ticket) is NOT what was displayed at Best Buy with the same settings at 180 degree FOV!

Tech made me re-install the app, and restore the whole system BRAND NEW out of the box!!!!

As you can see in the picture, the horizon mid line is fine, but the bottom is NOT de-warping as advertised.

I can rant right now but I wont.  There seems to be so many little things not thought of like Full Time viewing (currently times out around 30 minutes), only 1 device at a time for viewing or it logs you out of other devices

As you can see in the picture, the FISH EYE is VERY OBVIOUS!  The 180 degree is on eof the main features for me to purchase among a few other cool items.  But like I said, the de-warping is NOT what was shown at Best Buy.  Thank God I can still play with for 30 days before I make a decision on a possible return.

The picture (Screenshot) is FOV 180 degrees

Ultra Wide view.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

But like I said, the de-warping is NOT what was shown at Best Buy.  

I don't know what you were shown, but as you can see, de-warping isn't done at 180 FoV.   Try the other Fields of View (particularly 120 degrees).

FWIW, I agree the KB article is somewhat misleading on this.

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

What a shame.

After all tht reading on specs I did before then finally went for it, disappointed in some things, especially for the price.

But the things I do understand and got working thusfar, I like it.  I would like to love it though  🙂

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

I did try the other views but do like the 180 FOV.

Once I set up the other cam for the front door, I may take this one and mount upside down and change the FOV for maybe a slightly different angle of coverage

Thanks for the reply

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation