Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
timi
Guide
Guide
Hi folks, I can't find anywhere the Direct Storage Access button, am I missing something?

app version: 2.16_27097

See pic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timi
Guide
Guide
been there done that, looks like an issue with the app, app version 2.17.0_28020 fix the issue.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If I'm understanding your question, keeping in mind that it can only be accessed in the phone app and under the main login.  When you go to library you should have a choice of cloud or SD.  Also keep in mind that is only if your phone is on the same network as the Arlo hub and if away from home you must have set up either VPN or port fwd.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timi wrote:
Hi folks, I can't find anywhere the Direct Storage Access button, am I missing something?

Direct Storage Access should be right below the "Overwrite Automatically" control in your screenshot.

Can you confirm the model of your base station?

timi
Guide
Guide
Thanks for replying, smarthub and devices are on the same network, the smart hub had an update recently and I think after that update the button disappeared, I had that button that's why I'm asking.

attached version and hub model.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in the wrong place - it's not in Device Info. When first going to the hub's settings page you should see a Local Storage selection.

timi
Guide
Guide
these are the settings of my smarthub
timi
Guide
Guide
sd card
timi
Guide
Guide
sd settings
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Settings, my devices, name of your system, SD at the bottom

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

your screenshot isn't showing direct storage access toggle

timi
Guide
Guide
exactly, because I don't have it! or don't know where to look for it, can someone point me where to find it?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

what type of phone are you using and do you have the latest ver. app

timi
Guide
Guide
I am using OnePlus 3T app version 2.16_27097.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That's the latest android ver.  so I'm not sure why the toggle would not be there.  You would probably have to contact support.  The first thing they will most likely ask yo to do is to uninstall the app and re-install it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timi wrote:
exactly, because I don't have it! or don't know where to look for it, can someone point me where to find it?

You are looking in the right place.  As @LandJS suggests, you could try reinstalling the app.  

Or just contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

timi
Guide
Guide
been there done that, looks like an issue with the app, app version 2.17.0_28020 fix the issue.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation