Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct Storage Access was working, now files don't download correctly - Arlo Ultra VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gadgetfan
Guide
Guide

Almost all videos in Direct Storage Access are now downloading as a static gray image. See image capture link below.

BadImage4KDirectStorageAccess 

• If I Eject the SD and view it on my Mac, the videos play fine.
  • I have tried two separate MicroSD cards, including a brand new High Endurance Class10 V30 U3. Both were re-formatted in Arlo app.
  • The rest is the same whether I access on my LAN, or remotely (via port forwarding).
  • The result is the same whether I leave port forwarding enabled, or disable it.

The Direct Storage Access was working fine until I got the port forwarding working. Then it started to mostly fail to download correctly to the Arlo app.

After I inserted and formatted the new High Endurance card, the first two videos downloaded to the app correctly. Since then none have. Nothing else changed after the successful videos.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gadgetfan
Guide
Guide

I found a solution:

I went to Settings, Clear Downloaded Videos, and tapped "Delete downloaded videos".

Now my 4K Direct Storage Access Videos download and play back properly. No more static gray image.

I assume I'll just need to keep doing this when I run into this problem again. I saw another person asking about this, with no answer.

This seems like a glitch, because I have enormous space available on my iPhone, and only a few local videos downloaded. But I can just keep doing this if/when needed.

@JamesC , could you pass this along to your product team? If you know a way to avoid this happening, I'd be interested. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
My ability to see the local recording from the hub are zero. I can’t see them at all. I go to the library change it from iCloud to smart hub and it says that it’s not available. Direct storage acces is turned on but port forwarding is disabled. I’m in my house connected to same network. And it’s not working any one else have this issue or know why?
gadgetfan
Guide
Guide

I found a solution:

I went to Settings, Clear Downloaded Videos, and tapped "Delete downloaded videos".

Now my 4K Direct Storage Access Videos download and play back properly. No more static gray image.

I assume I'll just need to keep doing this when I run into this problem again. I saw another person asking about this, with no answer.

This seems like a glitch, because I have enormous space available on my iPhone, and only a few local videos downloaded. But I can just keep doing this if/when needed.

@JamesC , could you pass this along to your product team? If you know a way to avoid this happening, I'd be interested. Thanks!

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
It’s not working I see nothing there can select a device from filter when looking at videos through smar base.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation