Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detecting plants movement and draining battery. Tried changing activity zone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ranjithcn26
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased the Arlo Ultra system with 4 cameras. I have 3 cameras which are working perfectly. I have one camera installed in my side yard overlooking the vegetable garden. I live up the hill and there is always a gentle breeze in this zone. Because of this, the plants tend to move and the camera records the movement too often. Like yesterday, I had 51 notifications saying there is motion but all I see in the library is leaves moving in the wind. I tried changing the activity zone but that didn't help either. I have already recharged the battery twice and even tried switching the camera. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ranjith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes moving pants will trigger, try reducing your sensitivity in the Mode-Rules for that camera and also try readjusting Activity Zones out of the are. Also also try repositioning it to avoid the blowing vegetation since no matter if in or out of activity zones it will drain the battery faster since it stills records it and sends it to the server to process it to determine if it is in or out of the zone. You just won't get that recording or notification. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes moving pants will trigger, try reducing your sensitivity in the Mode-Rules for that camera and also try readjusting Activity Zones out of the are. Also also try repositioning it to avoid the blowing vegetation since no matter if in or out of activity zones it will drain the battery faster since it stills records it and sends it to the server to process it to determine if it is in or out of the zone. You just won't get that recording or notification. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation