Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Desktop Monitor for 3 or 4 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

My new Arlo Ultra 3 Camera system has just been installed outdoors and its working quite well.  I'm pleased although I'd be Awestruck if I were able to show all 3 cameras on a desktop monitor.  I also have a UNIDEN 4 camera system installed, (have had it for years) and it does have a monitor that shows 4 cameras simultaneously.  The monitor is awesome since, while I'm in the house, I do not need to open an app and I'm able to monitor in one location all activity on all 4 cameras at the same time.  Is there any way that the Arlo Ultra 3 Camera System can be monitored in this way?  Does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:

Both would be ideal although I would consider just notifications if that were possible.  Why do you ask?

Well, notifications are already provided to the phone app.  There are also similar notification mechanisms available in the browser (and Windows 10) that could be added to the current system.

Providing live streaming for multiple cameras would be harder, and wouldn't be possible continuously unless the cameras are AC powered.

If both PC notifications and multiple camera livestreaming are useful to you, then I suggest posting both features as separate posts in the Idea Exchange.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:I'm pleased although I'd be Awestruck if I were able to show all 3 cameras on a desktop monitor.

The browser interface does not do it for you?

It does here.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

The browser interface works great for me!  It's fantastic while reviewing remotly.  The issue I'm addressing is having a monitor that can be viewed localy, whenever activity occurs.  My UNIDEN monitor lights up with activity any time there is an unexpected movement or sound.  The reason I have cameras is to be informed when there is activity around the house since I'm unable to be everywhere at all times to notice activity, although cameras can do that.  While I'm in the house, I'm alerted and able to monitor the movement, while in the house.  A browser works well while away from the house remotly although a monitor in the house while I'm in the house is ideal/

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:

My UNIDEN monitor lights up with activity any time there is an unexpected movement or sound.  

Are you just wanting notifications?

Or are you wanting to see live streaming from all your cameras at once?

NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

Both would be ideal although I would consider just notifications if that were possible.  Why do you ask?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:

Well, notifications are already provided to the phone app.  There are also similar notification mechanisms available in the browser (and Windows 10) that could be added to the current system.

Providing live streaming for multiple cameras would be harder, and wouldn't be possible continuously unless the cameras are AC powered.

If both PC notifications and multiple camera livestreaming are useful to you, then I suggest posting both features as separate posts in the Idea Exchange.

NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the imput StephenB!  Most appreciated!  Your response completly solves my thoughts of discovery on this issue.  I chose Arlo Ultra specificaly since the camers didn't require pluging in (my UNIDEN system is complete plug in) because of their outdoor application so the discussion is over regarding live multipal camera monitoring on a screen inside the house.  The notifications that I receive on my phone and tablet are most useful.  They work well.  When we are monitoring via the UNIDEN (localy indoors) we can always pop open the cell phone or tablet to view the Arlo Ultra camers.  The blend of the two systems work well together.  Thanks again for your imput!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation