Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deleting local files from phone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slakphil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All.

Unable to delete local files from iphone.

After starting the App and going to library i switched from the cloud storage to the base station.

All the recordings that were on the SD card were available to download to the App. thought this was great as it saved me from removing the SD card from the station. 

Problem. There is no option to delete these files from the phone. Only options available are to share, save to photos, or cancel. No option to delete as you would when accessing the cloud library.

Also the save to photos option does not appear to work. Thinking that it would save the file to photo library on phone. this does not happen. App states that file was saved successfully, but to where ?. 

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slakphil wrote:

There is no option to delete these files from the phone. Only options available are to share, save to photos, or cancel. No option to delete as you would when accessing the cloud library.

That is intentional.  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Local-and-Remote-Access-to-Local-Storage-for-Arlo-Ultra-via...

@slakphil wrote:

Also the save to photos option does not appear to work. Thinking that it would save the file to photo library on phone. this does not happen.

Can you connect the microSD card to a PC, so you can browse the library?  I'm guessing it is saved there.

slakphil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Probably should have explained a little better.

I am not trying to delete the files on the SD card via the App on the phone.

The problem is that after downloading the files to the phone via the App i can not remove the files from the phone.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes i can connect the SD card to PC and download and delete files.  This does then defeat the purpose of Being able to download the files from the SD card via the App without removing the SD card from the base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slakphil wrote:

The problem is that after downloading the files to the phone via the App i can not remove the files from the phone.

iPhone or Android?

slakphil
Aspirant
Aspirant

IPhone

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@slakphil wrote:

App states that file was saved successfully, but to where ?. 

On my Android device they are saved to where the phone saves all downloads.

A folder called Download.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation