Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dead on arrival Arlo Ultra - Why bother to spend time discussing and arguing with customers.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the worst experience ever from the Swedish Service desk who refused to send me a functional hub.

The hub that I got yesterday was dead on arrival and their solution was to send me a new adapter(!), and told me that it was a retailer problem.

The retailer told me that they couldn't do anything if they didnt get all parts in the original box.

I am now waitning up to one week to see if the adapter is the problem. 

I payed ~1000 dollars for the malfunctioning system and more to install and remove all parts again.

My suggestion is to immediately replace the hub if it doesent work.

Arlo would save cutomers and time (40 minutes) from service desk

You will also get alot of badwill from this since i am the first in my neigbourhood to evaluate a system like this. All other have Verisure...

Look at successful companies who understand and listen to their clients

Swedens most dissapointed customer

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not_working,

I apologize for the poor initial experience. What behavior are you seeing that is indicating the SmartHub isn't working? (no LEDs when attempting to power on?)

Please reach out to me in a private message with your account/ticket information and I will assist further.

JamesC

Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

Not_working,

I apologize for the poor initial experience. What behavior are you seeing that is indicating the SmartHub isn't working? (no LEDs when attempting to power on?)

Please reach out to me in a private message with your account/ticket information and I will assist further.

JamesC

Hello,

The hub is dead (no led light).

I bought the system yesterday and it is urgent to get a camera solution running not later then tuesday. I spent around 1000 dollars and 2000 on the installation (and the removal) that the retailer forced me to. The retailer also required me to put everything in the original box and I still dont know if I will get any replacement.
The retailer (Dustin) said that Arlo required it and Arlo (Swedish Service desk) told me that the distributor required that. I think that Dustin are a distributor, which sounds strange.
I really hope that you can help me to get a new hub asap. 
Swedish support only wanted to send me a new adapter even though I told them about the urgency.

I am running a company that is specialiced in support processes and service desks with clients like Swedish Post Office and am in chock after my contact with you.
The operator was not interested to help me. The only goal was to explain that Arlo (or Netgear) wasnt responsible. She made me feel like I tried to hastle Arlo. She had no interest to understand me.
I couldnt even get any contact to escalate the problem to. She refferd to your community....
I am happy that you contacted me and hope that we can solve this.
Please send me working equipment asap
BR
Christian

jdoering
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess practices are different than in the US? Here; I would just buy a new one from the retailer which would come with full new packaging and all parts. Take the new hub from new kit; put the bad hub in the newly purchased complete box. Then return the not working complete package for a full refund. Easier than chasing specific replacement parts on a non-functioning brand-new item. But obviously it only works if retailers honor full refund policies.

Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is normally what would happend here as well. The problem now is that the retailer specificlly told me not to try this since Arlo wouldnt accept that. The serial number in the box and the other parts must match. This is really odd and strange. No one contacted me yesterday and I must have this solved not later than wednesday. Thanks alot! Christian
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It most places the answer to this sort of issue is to return the whole package to the supplier and get an immediate replacement.

That is how the law works.

Sadly, with these systems in place, everyone in the chain is going to "follow the rules". Sounds like you are dealing with a dodgy retailer.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes.
The problem is that the retailer claims that Arlo requires it, and Arlo sweden refuses to hela me to speak with the retailer... again both treats me like I am the problem. I would underatand them more if the system was old, but this is a DOA... please help me to get help from your swedish collegues.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Not_working wrote:
 please help me to get help from your swedish collegues.

I don't have any.

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

Have you tried approaching Arlo support on-line rather than by phone?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
Please dont close this case until it is solved. I am now away (as mentioned) but i think that your collegues sent me spare part that soppose to work. Too bad it wasent solved before my trip.
Roberttt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I´m experiencing the exact same problem. No LED and obvioulsy not possible to connect to the base station. Tried with another adapter -  same result. Seems to be a load of non working units sent to Sweden...  I expect of Netgear/Arlo to handle all incidents swiftly and send replacement units as soon as the retailer reports the malfunctional units.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roberttt,

Have you already contacted the support team about this issue? If you need further assistance, please let me know.

You can contact support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Not_working
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James!
Good to here from you. I get personal emails from the swedish support requiring responses. But the links doesnt work (See attached pic). I dont whant them to close the case since it still doesnt work.
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its not an experience unique to Sweden. It's the business model and generally how Arlo treats it's customers.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation