Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

Since I switched to the 4k plan, I am noticing that some of the thumbnails in the library are corrupt (grey and fuzzy), yet when I open the video and play them it seems fine. It only seems to affect one of my cameras, and only the cloud files, the local storage ones seem fine.

Known problem? Any ideas how to resolve?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Yes on my Arlo Ultras it is fixed

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wonkypenguin 

Does this appear on the web portal & mobile app? Have you tried to remove and re-instal the Arlo Mobile App?

wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
It happens in both... the same videos are corrupted in the same way on each
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
Today some of them today are corrupted in a different way (green!), and I am seeing it on both cameras now.
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
(apologies for multi messages, only allowed one attachment per reply)
demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm also getting this issue after their last firmware update, its really annoying.. especially their so called "smart notifications" the picture preview is either green, grey or pixelated. horrible product. had nothing but issues from day one. 

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Same here (green)
Tokra_ac
Guide
Guide
I’m having the same issue. Any response from Arlo?
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
They asked me to send some sample video files and the development team is looking at it. Haven't heard anything since the 23rd, but they said they will reply to the thread when they have an update
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor

Haven't heard anything from them, but the problem seems to have gone away so I assume it's been fixed in a software update?

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Yes on my Arlo Ultras it is fixed

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

wonkypenguin you say it is only happening on one cam.  Is that cam on battery or power.  I have 5 of 7 on power for the 3 sec. roll back and it seems the thumbnail has always or at least most often had the thumbnail gray on those cams.  I assumed it had to do with those 3 sec.

wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor
It started on one camera, but did see it on both. One was battery, the other was connected to the solar charger.

All seems fixed now, so I assume they did something 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation