Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
bml99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the solar panels yesterday. Right after the solar panels were installed, they worked fine; but this morning I got the same error message for all my cameras. The messsage said" A charginf fault has been detected". Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you provide a screenshot? Did the error appear on all cameras at the same time?

JamesC

bml99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Yes, all the cameras which connect with solar penal got the same error message since this morning. Please see attachment.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried removing the charging connector and reconnecting as instructed in the error message? Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

bml99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Yes I did. Shoudl I try that again and remove the charging cable longer?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try removing for a short time, check to see if the error message has cleared and then try again.

JamesC

JamSam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Where were you able to purchase the solar panels for the Ultra? I haven’t had luck finding any accessories beyond the mounts.
bml99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought through Amazon.
zincyellowcobra
Luminary
Luminary

@JamSam 

Where did you find mounts? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any of the various outdoor mounts with a 1/4"-20 thread will work.

chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice

I posted about the same thing a couple days ago.  I ordered an extended cable and solar panel for the ULTRA.

It arrived on February 2nd.  Installed it that day but it was too cold to charge until a few days ago.  Then I got the charging fault error.

I reset the base station because I read with the other ones that this somehow worked for the older units.  Then I physically disconnected the cable and re-attached it.  That worked.

Now it's cold again.  I hope it is not a fault that is going to happen everytime it drops below charging temps.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@chrisngrod wrote:

I posted about the same thing a couple days ago.  I ordered an extended cable and solar panel for the ULTRA.

Well done. They aren't due to be released until March 17, says Amazon. Someone jumping the gun again?

@chrisngrod wrote:

Now it's cold again.  I hope it is not a fault that is going to happen everytime it drops below charging temps.

You may need to get someone to change the laws of physics.

Either that or there has to be a way of heating the battery when the ambient temperature plummets.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have also gotten the error once which surprised me. Like you, reseating the magnetic connector cleared the fault. I suppose there was some sort of contamination on the contacts but can't be sure.

chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice

@michaelkenward wrote:

@chrisngrod wrote:

Well done. They aren't due to be released until March 17, says Amazon. Someone jumping the gun again?

@chrisngrod wrote:

You may need to get someone to change the laws of physics.

Either that or there has to be a way of heating the battery when the ambient temperature plummets.

I'm just referring to the charging fault notice and the fact that you have to go out physically disconnect the cable / reattach.  I've had the Pro 2s with a solar charger and it would charge with no fault as soon as the temperature rose enough.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation