Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jaysta21
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason I cannot connect my Arlo Pro 2 Camera's to my new Arlo Ultra Smart Hub. No matter if I try through the app or through the sync button on th Smart Hub, it doesnt want to sync? Is there any troubleshooting steps to try?

FYI...My Arlo Ultra Camera's connect fine to the Smart Hub

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaysta21,

Try restarting your SmartHub (just remove and reinsert power). What LED behavior do you see on the cameras? Does the app produce any error messages?

JamesC

Jaysta21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. I've tried resetting the Smart hub. Still no luck connecting the pro 2 camera afterwards. I've even tried to reset the smarthub to default factort settings and tried to connect both my pro 2 cameras first before adding my ultra cameras with no luck.

The led on both the smarthub and pro2 cameras are blue and blinking slowly which means they it's trying to sync but never does. Both eventually turn an orange blink when it fails to sync. The app eventually says it cannot find any devices
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaysta21,

Is the Pro 2 camera fully charged?

JamesC

Jaysta21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, both pro 2 cameras I'm trying to connect are fully charged
Rosesa2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem! What do I do to fix this???
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some users were reporting this issue late last week during an outage that has since been resolved.

Are you now able to sync the cameras successfully?

JamesC

Moxilla
Tutor
Tutor

I read this post on an Amazon Q&A :

"Question:   Can Arlo Ultra cameras be added onto the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station?
Answer:   No, but the older cameras just need to be *rest* by taking the batteries out for 20 minutes before pairing to the new station."  - By Amazon Customer on May 5, 2019

The question was about Ultra Cameras connecting to Pro 2 Base, however the answer addresses what to do before pairing Pro 2 cameras with "new station".

Hope this helps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no need to remove the battery. Others have suggsted uplugging bases for many minutes/hours/days as well as removing batteries from cameras for similar times for various issues but there's no utility in doing that. While a power supply in a device may keep something set for a brief period of time (capacitors discharging), a few seconds is all that's needed. To be safe, I generally use 10-15 seconds.

gc44
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same problem. i had two pro 2 cameras, one of them connected no problem however the other will not connect. Both were working with the pro 2 hub. Does anyone have an answer?

thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? If you reinsert the battery do you ge a brief blue flash indicating power to the camera? If so, do you get the normal slow blue blink when trying to sync? Have you tried plugging he camera in, perhaps without the battery installed, to see if that works? Might be worth power cycling the hub, too.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation