Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Support is terrible! I've spent 8 days now without my Arlo service. The cameras are useless without it. I've called support about 6 times, and have probably 5 open support cases. I've chatted a 2 times online, and their (I guess) Indian technical support people have no clue, don't try to understand and don't care at all.

I bought my Arlo Ultra 4 pack in late April. I got the free premier plan. Everything was generally fine until I bought a CVR plan for one of my cameras. The CVR plan worked for a bit, then stopped working. I called technical support, they walked me through all sorts of things. Nothing worked, so they suggested cancelling my service and re-subscribing. I was VERY apprehensive about that, because I would then lose all my recordings. And if this happened again, same thing, right? 

Well, anyways, I cancelled my premiere service and my CVR plan like  they asked. Now I can't get my FREE premier service back without paying $99!!!! Can anyone at Arlo help me? 

At first I thought I'd get a $99 credit back, and I'd just pay $99 to get the service again. But no, they won't do that. They'll give me $0 back and expect me to pay $99. They said Arlo's policy is that if I cancel the premier service - I can't get it back unless I pay $99. What? Your own technicians told me to!!! 

Please, if there is anyone at Arlo that can help, I would like to be a customer - but you're not letting me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spent 8 days dealing with unhelpful customer support people on Arlo's phone lines and chat support. I would state something like 'My Arlo subscription is not active, and... ' then the person on the phone would cut me off and spend the next 10-20 minutes to 'make sure' my subscription was not active by walking me through steps on the app and on my laptop to make sure the subscription was not active, even through my protesting. Then after being on hold another 10 minutes - up to 30+ minutes in, I could finally continue the conversation. However...

Once I put a message on these message boards, James responded to my message in about 10 minutes. My issues were all solved in about an hour! Wow! Thanks, James!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbeagle,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on your support ticket.

JamesC

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've private messaged James back. I hope this will resolve this situation.

Thanks, James!

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spent 8 days dealing with unhelpful customer support people on Arlo's phone lines and chat support. I would state something like 'My Arlo subscription is not active, and... ' then the person on the phone would cut me off and spend the next 10-20 minutes to 'make sure' my subscription was not active by walking me through steps on the app and on my laptop to make sure the subscription was not active, even through my protesting. Then after being on hold another 10 minutes - up to 30+ minutes in, I could finally continue the conversation. However...

Once I put a message on these message boards, James responded to my message in about 10 minutes. My issues were all solved in about an hour! Wow! Thanks, James!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbeagle,

Glad to hear we were able to resolve the issue! Please let me know if you need any further assistance in the future.

JamesC

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought my problems were solved by James. But no.

I still have not received my refund after I signed up 7 days ago. The whole point was to get my free Arlo Premier Plan back, and so far, Arlo is not giving it to me. This is much longer than 1-2 business days they promised. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbeagle,

I will request an update on the status of your case.

JamesC

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I received my refund today. My problems started on June 14... it took me 18 days to get a simple refund. And I went 11 days without service at all. And about 5 hours on the phone with support. 

All for a simple issue - I just wanted my free Arlo Premiere back after support told me to cancel it. The support people (in India?) need to be better trained, or support should be moved to the U.S. where people can understand what customers are talking about and actually help, not try to hinder people. 

Thank you, James for eventually getting this resolved.

brh
Master
Master

+1 for moving the US Customer Service to the US.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation