Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can barely hear neighbor dogs barking on my phone. Can't hear at all on video playback.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JR31
Follower
Follower

I can just barely hear the neighbors dogs barking on my phone, I cant hear at all on the video playback on my PC. Settings are set at 100%. Is there a trick to get the correct sound level that this system is supposed to have?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the volume is turned up in the camera audio settings, that's all you'll get. The rest is in the device settings for how you're viewing the videos. Try the free VLC on both devices to view downloaded videos to see if that helps.. Of course, make sure the volume is turned up for the appropriate sound device on each device.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

something isn't set right somewhere or not working right.  You didn't say how many cams you have but each is set individually in settings just toggle on and set the volume.  I can hear the dogs 300 feet away clear as a bell, even the chickens 300 feet away on a quiet day.  If I go live I can hear the birds out front about 30 feet and the clear sound of bees buzzing the cam and humming birds as they go by.  Sound is the one thing I have never in 2 years had a issue with.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation