Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera siren desire mode setting being off

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
martinm1
Guide
Guide

My camera has suddenly started alarming with the siren on the camera when it detects motion. Working fine since I bought it. The option is NOT checked in the mode settings. I can toggle it offfrom the app, but it does it again after that. I reset the base station and the camera, but no luck. Anyone else have this happen? Fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martinm1
Guide
Guide

I removed the camera from the system and then re added it and it fixed the problem. The mode setting for siren was not checked when the siren was going off when motion was detected. A restart of the camera didn't work either.  delete and re add is fortunately only . a few minute effort.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@martinm1 wrote:

The option is NOT checked in the mode settings.

Checked the rules for the active mode? That is where the alarm control resides.

Tried deleting and recreating the relevant rule?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
martinm1
Guide
Guide

I removed the camera from the system and then re added it and it fixed the problem. The mode setting for siren was not checked when the siren was going off when motion was detected. A restart of the camera didn't work either.  delete and re add is fortunately only . a few minute effort.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Neat. One to dump into the brain bank, or what passes for my memory.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation