Camera randomly records. Recording time shows 0:00. Camera shows IR light. Can't watch live.
Having an issue with one of my camera's not working correctly. All my other camera's are working fine.
1) Doesn't detect motion most of the time (ie. i'm not getting any alerts in the app). However it randomly records sometimes
2) When it does record (which is rarely), the times of the records are 0.00
3) If i walk up to the camera, i can see the infrared lights come on.
4) When I try to watch the live feed from the app, it's stuck on connecting and then goes back to the "play" button
5) On the website, when I try the live feed, it says "please wait" and is then timed out
In terms of troubleshooting, i actually spoke with Arlo support who asked me to replace my hardware and get new hardware which I did. However this hasn't fixed the issue and I still have the error on the same camera. all the other cameras continue to work fine.
Additional steps taken:
1) Factory Reset the Base
2) Factory Reset the Camera
3) Toggled the Camera on and off
4) Switched batteries, switched power cables
5) Renamed the camera (thinking maybe it was corrupted in some way?)
6) Switched locations on the camera and tested it right next to the base
I'm completely out of ideas. Any one have any thoughts?
This really sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. Bring a camera closer to the hub to see if it works properly. If so, moving the hub away from your router or to a new location for better signal may be needed (use a WiFi or powerline extender if necessary). What's the house construction? Things on and in the walls can block the signal and other Wireless devices near any Arlo device can cause interference.
We have had the same issue with one of our Arlo Ultras for several months, after it had worked normally for months.
The device is connected to a solar charger facing south, as is the other one we bought at the same time. The one that only shows 0:00 recordings has good-to-strong signal strength, attached to the front of our home, 20-25’ from our router; the other is further away on our detached garage with a much weaker signal, but records and connects in the app normally most of the time.
Like yours, the camera itself seems to respond to motion and the spotlight comes on when it’s dark. We have removed and replaced the battery, removed the camera from our system, reset the camera and the Smart base station, then added the camera back and we get the same behavior. We’re hoping someone will know what can be done to resolve this.
My Arlo camera has stopped working a couple of days ago, I cannot view the live camera in the app and recordings show up as a still picture with the time of recording showing as 0:00
I have tried the following:
Factory reset base and camera
Reinstalled the app
Tried a different phone
Tried a different SD card
Its not a signal strength problem, the camera and base are right next to each other when I tried to get it working.
I see others have similar problems, so is there a solution of is the camera dead?