Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR live only

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
My one CVR camera worked fine with CVR until the recent iOS update. Currently I'm unable to view past CVR recordings on the timeline. When I stroll back it skips right back to live. I'm only able to see live or cloud recordings when motion is detected.

I've tried toggling off/on and rebooting the hub. None of that works. I'm hesitant to R & R the camera since I'm currently away from home for a few more days.
12 REPLIES 12
yo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes if I wait for 5min keep watching live CVR, past record shows up again. Many cases I get camera offline. If I wait for one day, it starts showing again, but no guarantee. Remove and add back by camera management worked before, but now web page changed. We can't do this.

Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is pretty frustrating. Got home, removed and reinstalled camera. That removed the CVR plan. Reactivated the CVR plan with same camera and it said $0 due. Then when I hit ok I was charged $6.45. Same camera, same plan, only had the first CVR plan for week which was paid $9.99 for. And I still can't see prior recordings!
MnLV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware:  1.15.0.1_3162_d878851

I am frustrated about how consistently inaccessible the timeline feature is.  I seriously wonder why I continue to pay for this CVR service when I am unable to use it when I need it.  

Today the timeline repeatedly returns to the end or live shot rather than allowing me to go to any past moment on the timeline.  This is in addition to gaps in the recording (usually exactly where I'm searching) that seem to occur all the time.  

If this were an isolated issue, I would have more patience.  Beginning to wonder if I should cancel and/or seek recourse for paying for a service that doesn't come close to meeting its commitment.  

I would much rather have my confidence restored in this product.  

Toross
Aspirant
Aspirant

The playback for my camera is no longer working. It appears to have stopped on 1/14/20. Could this be fixed?!

Mcddrums
Initiate
Initiate

I've had the Arlo pro now for 18 months. I've had nothing but issues. 

Issues:

Cuts out

Randomly stops working and needs regular resets

Does not record despite paying for continuous recording (CVR)

Viewing app/browser does not allow you to view the time you want to (using CVR) - the ultimate point of a CCTV system

Customer service will not resolve the above issues

More detail: 

Problem 1: 

Having paid for CVR, it is pointless. I want to view for example, 17:42 two days ago. Every time I try to do so on either the mobile app or the Browser app, it becomes a battle. The timeline simply refuses to show the time I want instead jumping to another totally random time. I cannot view that time full stop. 

Problem 2: 

The camera randomly cuts out with black areas on the timeline meaning there are no recordings for the times it cut out - will I be compensated for that lack of service I've paid for? Of course not. 

Further to this, it eventually totally freezes up and I have to log out and then back in, hopeful it will suddenly work. If course it doesn't - why would a technology company have technology that works?

I now cannot view the time I want to see outside my property. What is the point in paying for this extra service that doesn't work?

Yes, I have the latest updates

Yes, I have flash installed (latest version)

Yes, I have tried different browsers both mobile and computer

Yes, I have logged out and in again

Yes, I have reset the system

NO IT DOES NOT WORK. 

Do I expect Arlo technical help to resolve this? No - I have little confidence in them. Please prove me wrong. 

I do not recommend this system at all to anyone thinking about buying. Go Elsewhere. 

Arlo customer service - I'm completely open to being proven wrong re your customer service and you actually resolving these issues - if you do so I will update this thread. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Toross

Is this occurring on the Arlo app & web portal?

luis_h
Initiate
Initiate

I have the 24/7 cvr plan. it ***! the use interface isn't that good and it is slow. On top of that when I play back I see gaps in the recording. So basically the camera doesn't record 24/7. I have tried calling Arlo but they are zero help. I hate dealing with tech support in other countries. Has anyone else experienced this? here is a picture...

IMG_5032.PNG

Toross
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. I’ve decided I’m returning them and going with another company. Most likely ring cameras.
Toross
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both!
CARLOS1Pr
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same problem!!
Bansheefan
Star
Star

Well I see threads on this closed due to inactivity... yet I see loads of threads where it is still very much a problem.  This is an absolute joke to read that this problem goes back literally 2 years and Arlo has still not fixed it.  I have Pro 2 and Pro 3 cameras and a floodlight.  They nearly all of them have some issue, but the Pro 2 issue of the CVR failing is a big one.  I will be asking for a refund and if these guys don't get it together, Costco will be getting the whole set back.  Again. This is round two for me with these "engineers".  What an absolute shame. 

Lorrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Ultra with paid CVR continuous subscription. I'm fully paid up to date on the account and the timeline viewing was working fine a few days ago.

Today, I'm unable to browse the timeline and the interface displays a warning "Add CVR plan to your camera to use the timeline feature." With an UPGRADE NOW button. I'm already paying for this plan. 

Given that the motion detection had a tendency to record what I didn't care about and didn't record what I would've definitely been interested to view--I subscribed to the CVR. That's basically the ONLY way to catch everything.

I have to say the numerous bugs I've encountered since purchasing the Arlo system in July has left me quite disappointed.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation