Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I try to watch live mode in the android app, I get a black screen with audio about 75% of the time. I used to get video more often but the problem is getting worse. Please help. 

78 REPLIES 78
Weerosco
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, that's incredibly patronising. Folks having been saying for months they've got the latest updates and it still doesn't work. Theres a clear problem which Arlo needs to fix and not use everyone's systems as their research division. I for one won't ever buy Arlo again, shocking customer service and unreliability.
steamyb
Guide
Guide

James,

As these guys are stating it is happening in the latest version.

i think Arlo underestimate how well customers know their systems and applications.

i am having my hub changed out tomorrow. If this doesn’t rectify the issues I will expect a full refund. As it stands at the moment I am sitting with £700 worth of junk,  a purchase based on misleading claims 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Weerosco, steamyb

A new version of the Arlo mobile app was just released for iOS this morning (version 2.19). If you're still experiencing the same issue on this version of the Arlo mobile app, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Happening on Android!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dumdidum,

A new Android mobile app was released on August 14th improving performance and addressing various bugs. If you're still experiencing the same issue on this version of the Arlo mobile app, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

steamyb
Guide
Guide

James,

I appreciate you take the time to solve our problems however your support team Are an absolute joke.  I have been in contact with these people on numerous occasions and still have no resolution to problems that started back at the beginning of May.

I have downloaded the latest version and will keep you updated. In the mean time was the main reason for this release to specifically rectify the blacked out recordings? 

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Since monthes I am trying each new update with no luck - also the last one did not fix it.
Reported it several times with no answer.
adamfrade
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC I raised an issue with support and after a couple replies I got silence. It's been over a month without anything from your support team!
Shark10006
Guide
Guide

James,

The problem still exists!!! I have been contacting Arlo's support for months already, but the support team even not bothers to answer! I have 12 Ultra cameras, and 5 hubs which is a LOT of money spent in Arlo's products, but your support really sucks! In fact I NEVER get any help from the support with any problem, and this live stream in 2K (and 4K before) is the worst problem so far. Why is yr standard answers always "check that you have the latest app version" or " pls delete the app, and reinstall it" or "do a factory reset to all yr cameras and hubs" (12 cameras and 5 hubs!!!).  We are not idiots, we have done all this already, before contacting the support, but we don't get any help whatsoever from you!

Just another example to make my point: My free subscription should have ended 20.8.20 according to the info in my Arlo app, but it suddenly ended without any warning on 13.8., so I contacted the support about this. They asked to send a screen shot where 20.8. is mentioned. Well, sure, I could have done that BEFORE it ended, but now that info was of course already gone! They promised however to check this and get back to me next day. I however still haven't heard a word form the support! So I had no other choice than to make a new expensive subscription long before 20.8.  (which was much more expensive than informed when I bought the cameras a year ago), and why should you bother to check my case and answer any more, as I already paid for a new subscription... This is how Arlo´s support works! NOT HAPPY!

steamyb
Guide
Guide

Ok this goes from bad to even worse.

Updated to the latest ios app yesterday to find issue with both cameras being offline. Restarted the hub to get it back working again.

Checked the app this afternoon same problem cameras showing as being offline yet hub showing blue light as if everything is working correctly.

Checked the sd card recordings for today and nothing in library.

Now what do we do JamesC? I am in a worse position before the latest updated and cannot roll back to the previous version.  I have now literally had enough of this. How do I claim a full refund? I am going elsewhere .

steamyb
Guide
Guide

Not working after 2.19.2 build 993 Update

Atlake
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera is showing a black screen on all devices. I will get a picture for a few minutes then it changes to black for 99% of the time. What is wrong?
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Are you using 2K/4K local streaming?
That is broken since months, and they refuse to fix it.
Turning it off will give you 1080p which is working.
RAYdisaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Think maybe it,s solved working on my new note ultra 4k wuiv not get any black screen yet.
Robi1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally!!! 😀

4K Live stream works on my S20 Ultra! 👍

After latest update I have no black screen when being in 4K Live Stream mode (same local network).

Thanks for that! 

Unfortunately, it took a very long time to fix the problem, which unfortunately has caused irritation among many customers.

Atlake
Aspirant
Aspirant
My pro camera is and has been black for a month. I have done everything imaginable, to no avail. I don't understand why Arlo isn't fixing this problem
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Ultra & Note10+

Black screen is NOT fixed
michaeljf69
Star
Star

Arlo Ultra + Samsung Galaxy S10e also definitely not fixed with latest version from 28th August

Weerosco
Aspirant
Aspirant
James do you even read these messages, Arlo certainly aren't acting on them?
The share price is good just now so Arlo simply don't care, but that'll soon change with this poor level of service.
Come on, get this product fixed.
adamfrade
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after months of dealing with support, they asked me to uninstall the Arlo app, restart my phone and reinstall the app. I was reluctant but did it anyway and to my surprise it's actually working now for me on my Samsung Galaxy S20. I only have the 2K plan now, but it is working in 2K
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Just did that - still doesnt work

EDIT.
After turning 4K off and using 1080p once and turning 4K on again, it is working!!
Very strange. After uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling it didnt fix it immediately, only the second time I did turn it on.

Same behavior on all 5 cams.

So atm it is working on all 5 Cams.
ride1058
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn't work on Note10 Plus as well. Everything is up to date. This is only one case of many in which support simply don't give a ****. I gave them all the info regarding a time zone bug, spent so much time explaining, sending logs even suggested fixing it myself (I'm a programmer), but 1 year later and the bug still exists.

I will never recommend Arlo to ANYONE !

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
check my edit above - working for me now!
Shark10006
Guide
Guide

Desn't work! After logging out from the Arlo app, and logging in again, the black screens are back again!

Weerosco
Aspirant
Aspirant
The turning off 4k and then turning back on works for the first use after turning 4k back on. After shutting app down and reopening, back on the black screen. Didn't work for me..