Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Status incorrect to situation

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Belle73
Follower
Follower
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with battery status on my Ultra cameras. Both cameras are showing a red battery symbol with a lightning bolt and both showing 100% charge. Both cameras are connected to solar panels for charging. At night when charging stops, the red symbols with the lightning bolt remain and the power level does not drop. It would appear that the status of the batteries is stuck. I've removed and reinstalled both cameras and reset the smart hub which fixes the issue to show a green battery and actual state of battery level, but as soon as the charge reaches 100% again, the symbols turn red with the lightning bolt and the charge level will not drop from 100%.
Any suggestions to this bizarre behaviour?
Screenshot_20211026_185940_com.arlo.app.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you had looked/searched the forums first, you would have found the answer many times - it's as designed, even if many of us disagree with the design. A recent UI change shows a red battery icon when connected to a solar panel, even at night, when the battery is fully charged. I suspect the display is showing 100% because the battery hasn't discharged enough yet overnight to cause the percentage to change.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you had looked/searched the forums first, you would have found the answer many times - it's as designed, even if many of us disagree with the design. A recent UI change shows a red battery icon when connected to a solar panel, even at night, when the battery is fully charged. I suspect the display is showing 100% because the battery hasn't discharged enough yet overnight to cause the percentage to change.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation