Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CaryE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having many battery issues.  

System is less than 1 year old.  I have had many battery issues and other issues.  Now, I have my system plugged into a solar charger but the battery will not charge. Second, I have the battery plugged in, and it will not charge or operate.  Any ideas?  

I have tried moving batteries between cameras.  What is really frustrating is if the battery is plugged in but not charging, the camera doesn't work so even though the camera is theoretically getting power, its non-operable.  

This is extraordinarily frustrating, I am about to return the system under warranty and walkaway.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panel won't run the camera but AC power will. There's also a new icon for a camera with the solar panel attached - it's red with a lightning bolt when attached and charged as well as overnight with no sun on the panel. Kinda weird but...

Tell us more about being plugged in but not working.

CaryE
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried a direct AC hookup and camera will not operate.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CaryE wrote:
I tried a direct AC hookup and camera will not operate.

Did you try removing it from the account, resetting it, and then re-adding it?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

CaryE
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I haven’t thanks I will try. This software seems to be extraordinarily volatile. Just yesterday I had to uninstall and reinstall the app because I wasn’t getting recordings anymore.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation