Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station ultra off line

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
StoshP
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve unplugged base unit, hit reset , still offline, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How do you know it's offline? Have you tried both the app and a web browser? Have you force closed the app and reopened it or logged out and back in? You say you "hit reset" - what do you mean by that? Holding it until the LED flashes amber means you need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One of my VMB5000 bases is prone to go off-line when the firmware is updated.

Symptoms are that it is shown as off-line in both the web client and the mobile apps.  The indicator remains blue on the base for quite a while, but eventually turns amber.

The workaround is to power down the base and remove it from the account.  Then power it up and re-add it.  The web client prompts to re-add the cameras (no need to resync them, but you do need to rename them).  The recording library isn't lost.

So if you are seeing a similar symptom, maybe try that workaround.

StoshP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for advice, I will try removing device and restarting
AltonCruz
Aspirant
Aspirant

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents…Great job, keep it up

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation