Base station connection issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PuntaPierda
Follower
Follower

I use an Aircove VPN router. My hub will not connect to operate my Ultra cameras. I called Support, He told me my Port is not open which shows 80. I contacted Express VPN and they said my port can't be changed. None of this makes any sense to me as my Hub shows a blue light showing I'm connected. Yes I have factory reset it, unplugged it, put in the ether cord first then the power cord with support on the phone and zero connection. My phone shows on internet section that my arlo is connected asking for a password which support told me to disregard. My Ring has zero issues, but Arlo is now useless. Yes I disconnected my VPN doing all this also. Help.......

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PuntaPierda wrote:

My phone shows on internet section that my arlo is connected asking for a password which support told me to disregard. 

That is normal, as the wifi network created by the hub is closed - and can only be joined by the cameras.

@PuntaPierda wrote:

I use an Aircove VPN router. My hub will not connect to operate my Ultra cameras. I called Support, He told me my Port is not open which shows 80.

I contacted Express VPN and they said my port can't be changed.  Yes I disconnected my VPN doing all this also. 

FWIW, Arlo support frequently will say this when they run out of the other options in their troubleshooting script.

Are you saying that the Aircove is directly connecting (without using ExpressVPN at all) when you are trying to add the cameras?

Also, is the smarthub showing up as on-line in your Arlo account? 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation