Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto Zoom & Tracking is not smooth

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo Ultra zoom and track is super buggy and not nearly as smooth as what you guys advertise it to be. Will there be updates to this for a better flow??

6 REPLIES 6
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

the tracking needs some work for sure. I've had people and animals moving past and the cam will zoom to the spot they were and lose them trying to catch up even though they are still within the range.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Yesterday someone was being Zoomed and tracked and the view moved all the way to the left when the person was moving to the right so something does need work.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is certainly something the team is focusing on and will continue to improve with future updates. We appreciate the feedback and definitely encourage you to continue letting us know how we're doing as we improve this feature moving forward.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Just a couple things I've noticed.  I still don't understand a humming bird being a vehicle but the example is, if the bird comes from a tree to feed, the cam will zoom to the tree and stay there even though the bird with wings doing 100 mph is 2 feet from the cam.  Another thing I noticed, if say a cat is coming from the direction of the car is is correctly called an animal but if the cat is moving toward the car when picked up it is a vehicle even though the car is stationary and the cat is in motion.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Awesome! Thanks for the reply James c, we will keep you updated!
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation