Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra not recording video and can’t view live

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Bill62
Guide
Guide
Recently one of our Arlo ultra cameras has had issues.
It motion detects, sends a notification but only takes a photo (video is 0.0 seconds). If I try to log in live it doesn’t connect.
I’ve re-synced, same problem, removed the device and reconnect, same problem. It stalls at “video bandwidth- connecting” but it I click continue it says all is good. I’ve tried this a few times. The base station seems fine (blue and both blink when syncing). I have the camera adjacent to the base station. We have high speed internet and wifi (booster adjacent to the base station). All the other cameras are fine, as are other base stations. This just happened out of the blue. Suggestions?
29 REPLIES 29
Bill62
Guide
Guide
I tried everything, including trying to sync with another base station. No luck.
tsvbreedy
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC,

No offence, I would love to be able to do something to try and get my system working again but I am not able to for now.

A responsible company would have looked into and sorted the problems when a large number of its customers report the same problems. With all the replies to my post and posts in other areas of the forum indicating this or similar problems should show to any reasonably intelligent person, technical staff or product manufacturers that there is serious problems with their product and not always the individual consumers unit. There may be a problem with the individuals unit, but with the quantity of complaints and queries in the Arlo community forums does show the faults are not unique and are either a result of the production of the product, firmware or updates or all of it.  I am sure Arlo has a comprehensive file of support requests indicating this and other faults which are extensively listed within the forum and should be working on a bulk fix without individuals having to constantly get in touch with Arlo support for something that has been so intensely reported at least through this forum - Not to mention those that had been reported to Arlo support direct.

As I stated in my initial post; I am miles away from my cameras and there is no practicable way I can manually reset my cameras or base station and all my settings are correct, so as it now stands, my Arlo ultra system is currently no better than dummy cameras bought at a discount shop.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

@Teagueyubeauty 

OK, that fix lasted less than a day. Back to 0 second recordings and no live viewing. I think it worked until added my Arlo Ultra back on a subscription. I think at that point it stopped working again. UGH!

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, now my ultra camera won't even sync with the base station. Time to open a ticket. Oh my, my ticket number is in the 41 millions. That's a lot of service tickets. 

joeeckardt
Initiate
Initiate

Hey Everyone-

I have had an Arlo Pro 2 system w/ 4 cameras working perfectly for 2-years, yesterday i decided to upgrade 1 of the cameras to an Arlo Ultra.   

The Ultra connected the base station with no issues.

Once it was mounted, in the same exact spot as the previous Arlo Pro 2 camera, it will not live stream and will not record when motion is detected.  The amber symbol on the app indicating it should be recording is lit, but it does not actually record anything into my library.  

The camera is hard wired in for AC power.  

I spent 3+ hours last night with tech support which was completely useless.  They really had no idea on how to fix this.  

I am surprised to see how many people have this same issue, and for so long. 

It must be frustrating to get the same automated response from James on here indicating to "contact tech support to further investigate" when Arlo has no idea on how to fix it.  It seems like a blow-off to simply waste our time.  

Maybe my camera is a dud camera.  I did buy it off of Amazon.   I am picking one up today from Best Buy and will test it and see if the same problems persist. 

This is insane that so many people are having these same exact issues and Arlo is no where to be found to fix it.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation