Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra keeps disconnecting, issues with recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wkb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Garbage.  Hard to set up.  Keeps disconnecting.  Won’t record half the time.  Charged my credit when not allowed to and refused to give me a reason why or even a receipt.  Here is my warning - buyer beware - you will hate this system.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wkb,

Can you provide more detail on the issue you're experiencing? The symptoms you're describing could point to an issue with signal strength for the cameras. What is your internet download/upload speed and what does the signal strength icon show for the cameras having the issue?

You should not have received a charge on your credit card from Arlo unless you signed up for a subscription. Can you provide details on the charge and it's amount?

JamesC

Wkb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had received a defective battery.  Had to figure it out by myself.  It is now working and staying connected after I spent another $55 for a battery.  System is brand new so I will file warranty on that.

While trying to figure it out the camera was taken off of the paid 4k record by mistake.  I paid for 5 cameras 4k record.  One was deleted off the paid record for 1 day (again by mistake since the camera would not connect). I had the phone support help me get it back to 5 cameras paid.  I was charged $12 for getting 1 camera back online (being off one day) when I paid $25 just 2 weeks earlier.  

Hours on phone with help to why I was charged again for something I had already paid for and I get nothing - including no receipt for why I was charged again.

Super frustration after paying $1200 for a system and $25/month

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation