Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rgschmidt
Guide
Guide
About 2-3 weeks ago for no reason my cameras became unreliable on sensing motion and recording. I can be sitting in my house when someone arrives or leaves and I get no detection from either camera sometimes. One is placed at the front door and the other is on the garage monitoring the driveway. I have an awesome WiFi setup and both cameras are receiving great signals. I have changed nothing in my settings and both cameras are set at maximum sensitivity. This has just happened for no reason at all and have become very unreliable. I noticed there was a recent update on the base unit. Does anyone know if that is the root of the problem. Also since this update my solar panel sometimes charges and sometimes doesn’t. I have the panel on only one unit. ( garage ) This needs to be fixed. Very high dollar useless system right now.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While the firmware updates always have to chance of screwing something up, I'm not having problems like this. My solar panel is working as advertised when it's warm enough and recordings happen properly.

It's possible that the positioning is failing to detect due to the way people move. Best detection for any PIR sensor is across the FOV, not directly at the camera. Post screenshots for suggestions.

rgschmidt
Guide
Guide
As I mentioned nothing has changed on my settings or position and they always worked. Also forgot to mention that many times when the camera does send me notifications it does not record it.
pjama
Luminary
Luminary
That timeframe pretty much coincides with whatis happening in this thread* https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/sporadic-no-Arlo-smart-notifications-or-recordings-in-libra... where MANY people are having similar reliabilty issues. It's not you or how you've got your camera positioned or the PIR...it's Arlo and they're alegedly working on it.

* sorry, typing this on a mobile phone an it's hard to make links all pretty.
degallery
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are experiencing this same problem. Which makes these cameras pretty much worthless. I have a camera viewing my back patio and a camera that views my front porch and the county road in front. We went to leave the house yesterday. I went out the back door to put up my puppy. The back camera did not record this at all. Then we backed out our garage and left down the road and the camera did not record. Yet both cameras recorded when we came home. Also we see recordings of vehicles leaving out down the county road...but not coming back...and then leaving out again. So it appears the cameras are missing 20 to 50 percent of the time. These cameras are very expensive. This is a huge problem. I would send them back but I threw all the packaging away...we have only had them a couple of weeks and had planned on purchasing 5 more. Unless there is a fix we won't be purchasing anymore Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation