Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried several times to install, system could not find the device. Indicator light was blue and not green, don't know if that matters please help
16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Press and hold the reset button until the LED starts flashing amber. Let it reboot and try again. Be sure to use the app to set up the whole Ultra system, including cameras.

Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the base and it blinked Amber, when I tries to use the app to install it still could not find the device. When it was looking for the device i

the base was blinking and then turned blue after it couldn’t be located by the app

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rjcanesr,

Is your mobile device connected to the same network as the SmartHub?

JamesC

Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

they are both connected to the same network 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rjcanesr,

Can you walk us through exactly what options you selected to attempt setup? Can you provide a screenshot of the failure message you receive?

Are you trying to add a camera to an existing base station or a new SmartHub to your account?

JamesC

Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using the arlo app I’m trying to add a new smart hub for a new ultra system
Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Select add a new device
Select add a smart hub
Plug in network to hub press next
Plug in power to hub press next
App searches for the new hub and does not locate it.
Smart hub blinks amber and then turns blue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rjcanesr,

It sounds like you may be trying to claim during the boot up. Plug in your SmartHub and wait for the LED to turn blue, then start the claiming process by selecting "add a new device" and complete the flow, do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I start with a blue light on the new hub I get the same result

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rjcanesr,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

jsherman
Initiate
Initiate

I hope this gets to you but I am having the same problem.  I first connect the ethernet cord to router, then power my base device, then wait for the light to turn blue before hitting to continue on my phone and no device is ever found.  I have tried to connect on my computer and my phone.  If anyone has solution please help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried holding the reset button until the LED flashes amber? Let the base reboot and try again.

CondosToMansion
Aspirant
Aspirant

James-I am having the same exact trouble.  I scrolled down to see the answers and the last answer you gave is that you will reach out in a private message.  What about the rest of us with the same problem, can you help me?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CondosToMansion,

Are you still experiencing an issue onboarding your SmartHub? At what point do you encounter the issue and what is the LED behavior on the SmartHub?

JamesC

CondosToMansion
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James!
I gave up and never added the 4K cameras I bought with the new hub. I still have the two cameras and need to try again. I think I will create a new account and try again as that is the only thing I have not tried.
brh
Master
Master

Some routers have anti-virus software installed in them so if your router does have this feature, you will probably need to allow the router to make an exception for this system.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation