Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Scorpio904
Follower
Follower

I work at best buy and started off with the arlo pro2 6 pack I was so excited about the new features of the altras especially the 4k zoom in feature.
I got it, and it came with 4 batteries that wasn't even charged (30 percent) then you give one charging cable, took me all night to charge all 4 cams.
4k dont work, arlo pro 2 cams are better right now, I switched out 6 Cameras for 4 that aren't better than my pro3 set up.
Oh and my 2 doorbells dont work with the new base station which really sucks. I did a youtube video on all this and got a lot of views and responses of people saying the same thing.
I feel like I got robbed and downgraded, and when are we able to view this on TV's? I like yall and really want to continue using yall but I will go with some one else if you dont make efforts in making this work how you advertised it. Oh and please send out extra Accessorys like camera chargers With different size cords

7 REPLIES 7
BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

We must be related! De-ja-vue! Welcome to the club.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ultra Accessories are coming soon. Currently, amazon has some of these

The batteries are not shipped at full capacity intentionally for safety reasons. This shouldn't be a point of concern, unless you're having difficulties getting the cameras charged up.

Can you provide more detail when you say the 4K isn't working? Do you have the PVR subscription? Please reach out to me in a private message and we can further discuss the issues you're experiencing.

Doorbell support isn't currently available at this time but is coming in a future update.

JamesC

techgurumiami
Star
Star

@Scorpio904 wrote:

I work at best buy and started off with the arlo pro2 6 pack I was so excited about the new features of the altras especially the 4k zoom in feature.
I got it, and it came with 4 batteries that wasn't even charged (30 percent) then you give one charging cable, took me all night to charge all 4 cams.
4k dont work, arlo pro 2 cams are better right now, I switched out 6 Cameras for 4 that aren't better than my pro3 set up.
Oh and my 2 doorbells dont work with the new base station which really sucks. I did a youtube video on all this and got a lot of views and responses of people saying the same thing.
I feel like I got robbed and downgraded, and when are we able to view this on TV's? I like yall and really want to continue using yall but I will go with some one else if you dont make efforts in making this work how you advertised it. Oh and please send out extra Accessorys like camera chargers With different size cords

I had a lot of the same issues with my Pro2 cams, the resolution that I am getting is definitely better.

The claim that they are shipping the batteries low for safety reasons doesnt hold water, My pro2's were 80% and above, My go in the 60/70% area. If they decided to ship with such a low charge, why not scale the charging accesories to make getting up and running more efficient and hassle free? We are paying a premium.

An even bigger kick in the teeth is getting the new hub and doing a hundred factory resets on Doorbell, only to call TS and wait over 30 minutes for them to tell you, "oh, you have to wait for firmware update to Ultra hub."

Ridiculous and in all my years in tech i have never seem such a release and on top of that no urgency to right the ship. Whats worse they werent the least transparent about the ommision and leave endusers wasting their time spining the proverbial pinwheel. 

BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

"The claim that they are shipping the batteries low for safety reasons doesnt hold water, My pro2's were 80% and above, My go in the 60/70% area. If they decided to ship with such a low charge, why not scale the charging accesories to make getting up and running more efficient and hassle free? We are paying a premium."

The Ultra's battery problems/performance are part of a larger federal class action lawsuit where they were known to have problems and tried to hide it. Pro 2 batterys come fully charged. To say it's for safety reasons is BS.

Ultimateboss
Tutor
Tutor

Actually that is correct, companies are required to ship batteries  under 40%, you can thank samsung for that. Samsungs exploding battery situtaion led to serious scrutany of lethium battery protocal.  That Class actiton suit is a seperate issue and has nothing todo with them shipping under 40%. 

I got an SD card and turned on local recording in 4k, the way i see it is the only time i will need 4k is when i actually need to review somthing. Plus with the upgrade to come later this year you will be able to view with out taking the SD card out. I may invest in the Premium Streaming down the road but i am good for now. 

I was a bit peeved about charging each battery seperately but i just set everthing up and charged accordingly.

Also Best Buy Employee( currently my stores test dummy) ....I'm keeping. 

Comiotmoto
Star
Star

My Pro 2 came with 100% charged batteries. The suit shows they knew about battery life problems and quality issues, not necessarily related at all to how much power they have when shipped.

LarryQwest
Star
Star

My brand new Pro 2 came at full charge. Their is no rule because of Samsung or anyone that says they can only be charged partially that I am aware of.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation