Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dutchsupreme
Aspirant
Aspirant

firmware: 1.16.1.3_510_1a608c1

Ok so my cameras and base are all updated to the latest versions, I had something stolen the other day right were my camera was pointing and it literally caught the last 10 seconds of them leaving, nothing of them coming onto the property.  It was night time so I attributed it to the camera not picking them up in the dark but was very disappointing because I only caught a quick look at them.

Fast forward 3 days, since having stuff stolen I went through the camera settings and increased the camera record time to 120 seconds every time motion is detected, I also put sensitivity to 100 from 80.  I have made sure the cameras are in strong range of the base and there is no issues there.  I am recording on a local sd card as well as it uploading to the cloud.  

For the record I run a small auto repair shop and this morning at 9:00am a customer drove his truck into the driveway exactly where both cameras are pointing (about 30 feet away from the cameras but in direct sight).  No notification pushed to my phone even though I could clearly see them out my window.  They drop the truck off and leave (they were getting stuff out of the truck for about 6 minutes going back and forth), I go into library and the only recorded clip is them taking off... what is going on here? 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dutchsupreme,

30 feet is beyond the reliable detection range of the camera, while it may still detect motion, it will be inconsistent. The best area for motion detection is inside 5-20 feet across the cameras field of view. For more information on positioning your camera for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation