Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo took away my 4K

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

As of 12:40pm today, I've lost my 4K capabilities on my 2 cameras and have 8 months left on my subscription that has included 4K till now! I also paid for a year of PVR service but now I can't drag the cameras to activate the feature. What steps do I need to take to get this resolved ? Please point me in the direction to someone that can actually get this corrected. Tks. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arloultra,

I've opened up a support ticket for the issue you're describing, an agent will reach out to you with an update shortly.

JamesC

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks James for escalating my issues with 4K video and PVR service. Spoke with subscription support and after being put on hold for a what to do conference. I was told that because of the new subscription plans that my premium plan nor PVR service would function anymore. I was then asked to cancel those plans and subscribe to the “elite” service plan in order to get 4K functionality restored! So basically I lost 8 months worth of service I had left and now need to pay $15 a month to use the cameras in 4K mode. If this company had wanted to keep their reputation intact, they would have offered to put me on the elite plan for the remainder of my premier plan.
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I had same problems and was bounced around for several weeks without getting a definitive answer. I basically think it’s Arlo’s rather underhand way of getting you to put your hand in your pocket for more money. JamesC has gone through the motions but has not come back to me with any help, just the same reply you got. 

I would recommend either returning the set for a refund. Asking for refund and what deal they can sort out in relation to customer loyalty should you “upgrade”. Finally if you’ve only 2 Ultra cameras and don’t plan on adding anymore, get 2 single “elite” plans which are cheaper.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help but dealing with Arlo’s customer support is a contradiction in terms and JamesC is that busy answering all the many problems this system have, he hasn’t been a great deal of help either. Best of luck.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Update: I have two ultra's and a video doorbell! Was charged $41.52 in November for PVR service. Support walked me thru canceling my premier subscription and a $29 credit appeared on the screen! I paid for one month of elite service @ $16.38. a month. I received the credit the next day but was only $12.06. The PVR subscription started on 11/22/19, so I was a little over three months in!! Obviously I got screwed!!! Where do you go to see all your account charges ? Is there an actual billing department ? This is turning into one of my worst nightmares!!!! 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation