Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Ar8810
Tutor
Tutor

Are the servers down, live streaming from hub not working, flashing orange lights, restart, reset, hard power reboot nothing working, they were working fine until one day back. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers from the US region cannot onboard Essential-2, Pro5 Cameras, and Home Security System and live-streaming issues with Essential 2 cameras. We are working on resolving this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please find the following status page here: https://status.arlo.com

31 REPLIES 31
Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

It always says issues are resolved, they never admit to anything, my photo (that they blocked) proves this.

It's literally their servers are struggling with over capacity, it's that simple, think of California where they have routine power outages because of high demand but lack of capacity.

Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

There's your precious democracy at work, someone saw fit to change my user name without my consent.

That just sums up the attitude towards customers, make changes and do things without bothering to inform people.

My previous name "arlosuxxhard" didn't break any rules because if it did the system wouldn't have allowed it in the first place but one of your pals is upset clearly.

If only they were as proactive in problem solving.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

'could have been affected' implies that maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. It's about speculation. 

Photos/screenshots only become visible on this forum once the mods approve them. There are no ulterior motives here.

Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

Keep telling yourself that.

Because my username changed all by itself.

fishinmanfrank
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras have been working again since late yesterday afternoon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is that the same customer service whose first 3 agents told me nothing was wrong and only when threatened with legal action should anything happen did they suddenly find the ability to tell me there was an issue after all?

It has to be said, the arlo customer service ranks among the worst ever, the incessant lying about issues starts to grate after a few years.

The fact that some issues roll on into whole new years is pretty ridiculous by any standard.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation