Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo recording issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
M0ere007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Since Wednesday, my Arlo Ultra’s are not saving any recordings anymore. I’m getting move alerts, but there are no recordings. I’ve never had an Arlo Secure subscription, but recordings were always saved fine.

Anyone knows if there been a change sinds Wednesday that a subscription is now needed to have video saved? Or do I need to look elsewhere for a solution.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried restarting your smarthub?

@M0ere007 wrote:

I’ve never had an Arlo Secure subscription, but recordings were always saved fine.

Were you using direct access to local storage?

You do need a subscription to get cloud storage on the Ultra - but some Ultras were offered with a year trial subscription.

If you could see recordings on a PC (my.arlo.com) before, then you must have purchased one of those.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely that your trial subscription that came with the cameras has expired. A sub is required for cloud recordings. Check your subscription status in the app to verify that no trial sub is noted.

You could set up local recordings on the hub (in the hub settings) but it's not like the cloud recordings. Better than nothing but...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried restarting your smarthub?

@M0ere007 wrote:

I’ve never had an Arlo Secure subscription, but recordings were always saved fine.

Were you using direct access to local storage?

You do need a subscription to get cloud storage on the Ultra - but some Ultras were offered with a year trial subscription.

If you could see recordings on a PC (my.arlo.com) before, then you must have purchased one of those.

M0ere007
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat @StephenB 

Thanks both of you. This must be it. My ultra’s are +- 1y old.

I’ve signed up for a subscription and now it’s recording again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation