Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not recording motion

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
My cameras have not recorded anything for months. This is ridiculous and I’ve done everything mentioned in any forum post. Reset, re-add, remove batteries, there’s nothing else I can do. These do not function as they should and I am going to take them back to JB hifi where I bought them. I was really excited and they worked exactly as they should have for the first few months I had them, then they just stopped. These are security cameras and they are not secure so in my opinion should not even be allowed to be sold. Buyer beware
15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

When you log in to the Arlo mobile app, do the cameras show any error message? Are you able to live stream? What is the LED behavior on the SmartHub?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When I log in to the App, I can see both cameras and I can live stream both of them. They both do not show any recorded motion in the app (when armed). Smarthub is acting fine and has a blue led (from memory, I'm not at it right now). 

There are no error messages coming up. 

This all started happening a couple of months ago and i googled it and it seemed that lots of people were having a similar problem. Then it was stated that a firmware update was pushed out to fix this, however it didn't. 

Basically they are currently rendered completely useless, and in that time we have had something stolen from where one of the cameras should have been pointing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

Try rebooting the SmartHub (remove and reapply power) allow it to come back online and then walk in front of the camera to test motion. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

This seems to have worked, and i have re-added one of the cameras that for some reason dropped out of the list when i did this. Now i have a problem that the activity zones are not working with that particular camera. I get this message;

'To enable Activity Zones, please connect your device to AC power. You can still edit, add or remove at any time.' However I have the smart plan and so it should work, but it doesn't. Please advise, can't find a fix.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

Try removing all of the activity zones and apply a new one. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
No that doesn’t work either. I’ve logged out and in again also, restarted the base station. what now?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

How many activity zones do you have set up?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have 1 activity zone for each camera

lesllyanneF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem

jsdrgrandma
Tutor
Tutor

I have 6 cameras and every day there is one of them that doesn't advance to the next day. I need to go to it and live stream and hit the record button manually in order for it to advance to current date, other wise it stays stuck on the day before and won't record. So consequence its I miss anything that happens after midnight until I manually go through the process I just explained. And each day it's a different camera that does this???

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsdrgrandma wrote:

I have 6 cameras and every day there is one of them that doesn't advance to the next day.

The cameras don't  "advance to the next day", so I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying.

But it sounds like you are saying that your cameras somehow stop detecting motion until you make a manual recording. 

Have you tried walking into the field of view of the camera instead of making the manual recording - just to make sure that motion detection isn't working?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey, Any ideas or updates on this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

Try removing and resyncing the camera with this issue. After you've resynced, set up activity zones again and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have removed and re-added the cameras, and still have the same issue (ac power has been disconnected.....). I really need the activity zones to work

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AussieRob,

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Smart Notifications and check to make sure that particular camera is set to "Active" for Arlo Smart. If it is inactive, activity zones won't be enabled without AC power.

If it is currently active, click edit, swap to inactive and save, then swap back to active, save again and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation