Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo extra can not work in other country ??!!!??

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JA_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought ULTRA kits from Arlo in Amazon, and it shows that free one year plan is included. I install it in Taiwan, but the cameras CAN NOT WORK. I check the product details, and it doesn't show any information that it can not be used in other countries. Anyone can help? I bought arlo pro 2 last year and it works well. No idea why arlo ultra can not work!!!??  Could alro team help activate my account about one year plan?? Or I can purchase this plan and then get refund from Arlo team? 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If I remember right the "one yr free" is tied to the location it was purchased... so if bought in the US and taken to another country, it will not work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JA_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any way to solve this issue??  It is not hardware issue. I believe it can be solved from server site. And  alro pro2 works in Taiwan. Too ridiculous to return it to Amazon. I don't want to waste CO2 from the shipment.

@TomMac wrote:

If I remember right the "one yr free" is tied to the location it was purchased... so if bought in the US and taken to another country, it will not work.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Here is the official response from @JamesC, in the middle of a discussion about the same thing:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JA_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  Michaelkenward,

Thanks for your information.

I read the post and understand the root cause. But it does not show  how to solve this problem.

It is ridiculous to return arlo ultra to USA from Taiwan. 

Do you have any idea how to make it work?  

@michaelkenward wrote:

Here is the official response from @JamesC, in the middle of a discussion about the same thing:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JA_H,

In addition to the free 1 year plan being claimable only in the country in which the kit was purchased. Subscription plans are not available in Taiwan. For Arlo Ultra to save recordings to the cloud, you must have a subscription plan.

Without a subscription plan, the following features are still available:

• Remote and local live streaming
  • Push notifications
  • Auto Zoom and Tracking
  • Two-way audio
  • Local SD card recording

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation