Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera has a constant motion trigger

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

One of my 7 arlo cams started to trigger for motion that doesn't exist every 2 or 3 mins. nostop for the last 12 hours or so.  Reset did nothing, unplug and plug back in did nothing, pulled the battery for 20 mins and put it back did nothing,

removed the cam and added it again and it did nothing except mess things up because under add device Ultra no longer exists (only Ultra 2 ) so had to pull it and manually resink and now I'm stuck not only with the constant triggering but a request to do a trial secure which I already have and a cam that tells me when my free trial runs out.  Any help to stop the cam from a constant trigger ?

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

One of my 7 arlo cams started to trigger for motion that doesn't exist every 2 or 3 mins. nostop for the last 12 hours or so.  Reset did nothing, unplug and plug back in did nothing, pulled the battery for 20 mins and put it back did nothing,

Did you try restarting the base?  Or just the camera?

Also, perhaps swap the camera with one in another location, and confirm that the problem moves with the camera.

Might be worth adjusting the motion sensitivity downwards in the rule, and see if a lower threshold resolves it.

@LandJS wrote:

because under add device Ultra no longer exists (only Ultra 2 ) 

Selecting Ultra 2 should also work with the Ultra.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yup restarted everything, after three years don't think there is a step I missed.  And yes clicking Ultra two will work but only with a manual resink, the problem is it acts as a whole new account and now tells me I'm on a trial when I all ready had an account and simply added a cam.  Was just hoping someone had a successful result to try.  Could be it's just toast.  Back in the beginning (Netgear days) this used to sometimes happen after going live view.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

this used to sometimes happen after going live view.

I saw it on one of my cameras once (I think a Pro 3).  A factory reset took care of it in my case.  Obviously that hasn't worked for you.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I repeated everything for the third time today and so far it's been working for 3 hrs now.  Just tried the live view to see what would happen and still working.  Hoping it stays that way and that there isn't a issue when they try to tell me my trial is up.  In the past some would claim it meant the cam was shot and needed replacing, I'm not sure I would go that far.  Mechanically everything is working, it's controlled by software but then it only effected one of seven.  For now fingers crossed.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well that only lasted until the cam was triggered and right back to one trigger after another every couple mins.  Support stills sucks - "you have 10 people ahead of you" yeah and each one takes 20 minutes or more.  Everyone has 3 hrs to sit online

Jsijnja
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue, it started just a couple of days ago on 1 of my Ultra cameras. The camera triggers every minute even though there is no motion. I’ve played with the sensitivity, from around 90 down to 10, and it stops triggering for a while but then starts up again. Very annoying and bad timing with the holidays almost here. How can I trust it will function?

Jsijnja
Guide
Guide

I’ve been trying to refrain from saying what I really think about my Arlo system but it’s sh*te, as bad as it was when I bought it several years ago, which after the rude surprise of facing issues from day 1, I thought it can only get better. Issue after issue after issue. I don’t know how people on this forum can remain so polite when facing all these issues.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yup just started after the big update they notified us about 3 days ago I believe but only effects one cam.   I can shut it down and pull the battery for a hour or so and turn it back on and it's fine until I trigger it and then it's a constant trigger again.  Every time it sends a clip to the cloud it triggers again and again and again.

jottess
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Ultra camera worked fine for one year. After that it started to trigger false motion alerts. Resetting the camera itself and the hub fixed the issue https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-Ultra-doesn-t-show-any-motion-and-continues-for-4-seco.... After that it worked for a while pretty OK. False triggering occurred again after one year https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Ultra-started-to-detect-false-motion-detection-Tried-resett.... This time it took several attemts to reset both units successfully. I succeeded to use the camera for some more weeks as intended but after that it happened again! Reset does not have any effect, the cam detects motion even if I place the camera facing to the wall and preventing any moving objects between the cam and the wall. It has last for a year for now, I've given up to create any tickets to Arlo support. Seems like hardware issue but as the camera is out of warranty, I do not see any initiative from Arlo's side to solve the problem. 

Having a quick search in this community, there are quite a lot of customers suffering tha same problem. 

The pitty thing is that no any motion related supplement lightning automations can't be used as well, otherwise the light is switched on most of the time.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation