Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB5000 Ultra base station Flicker Adjustment keeps resetting to Auto 60Hz - won't stay on 50Hz

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo VMB5000 auto 60 Hz, I want to change setting to 50Hz, I can change it but it won't stay on 50Hz. My other 2 Ultra base stations are on Auto 50Hz, why is this one set as Auto 60Hz? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

Arlo VMB5000 auto 60 Hz, I want to change setting to 50Hz, I can change it but it won't stay on 50Hz. My other 2 Ultra base stations are on Auto 50Hz, why is this one set as Auto 60Hz? thanks

I'm guessing you have 50 Hz power? Auto means exactly that.  The (60 Hz) bit is just telling you what it has detected.

Did you try swapping the power adapter with a different base, and see if the problem moves with the adapter?  If that doesn't change the symptoms, you could also try moving the base to a different outlet.

Also, are you seeing any issues with the flicker in the recordings or live stream?

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, tried swapping base station and power adapters, problem seems to follow the base station but in UK its 50Hz, other 2 base station say auto 50, do see slight flicker on cameras connected to that base station, thanks for advise

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

do see slight flicker on cameras connected to that base station, thanks for advise

You might try swapping the power adapter with another base, and see if the problem moves.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation