Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB5000 Stopped Storing Videos After 31/8/23

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TallTony61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, our Arlo VMB5000 has stopped recording/ storing videos after 31/8/23 - Cameras are detecting movement and we can still operate cameras via the app, just no recording for the last 5 days - I have restarted the system a few times, cleared all vids on the memory card and reformatted but still the same - we don't have an active subscription, just happy to see the recorded videos when we get home - Checked all firmware and all up to date, so this is very frustrating 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TallTony61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem resolved, it started working as soon as IOS updated to 16.6.1, weird but true.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TallTony61 wrote:

Hi All, our Arlo VMB5000 has stopped recording/ storing videos after 31/8/23 - Cameras are detecting movement and we can still operate cameras via the app, just no recording for the last 5 days 

Have you checked that the recordings aren't on the microSD card at all on your PC?  (Just wanting to understand if this is a recording issue or an access issue).

Are you getting any errors when you try to access the local recordings from the app?

TallTony61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Micro SD is fine, videos are being stored on there just not showing in the library since the end of August but I did format the card to make sure it wasn’t corrupted in any way - only error is a message that videos stored on base station are not available 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TallTony61 wrote:

Micro SD is fine, videos are being stored on there just not showing in the library since the end of August but I did format the card to make sure it wasn’t corrupted in any way - only error is a message that videos stored on base station are not available 

FWIW, I am seeing locally recorded videos on both of my VMB5000 smarthubs.

Have you tried restarting the base?

TallTony61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I’ve done that twice now, very frustrating really and all firmware is up to date.

TallTony61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem resolved, it started working as soon as IOS updated to 16.6.1, weird but true.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation