Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultraall cameras set up for geofencing but want the exterior cameras to notify me at all times

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bluegirl08
Follower
Follower

New to Arlo here so maybe I'm just not familiar with the system yet. Bought a 5 Ultra camera set including the hub. All are connected to the same hub. I have cameras outside that I want to notify me at all times of any movement etc in the activity zones I have set up. I have all cameras set up for geofencing but want the exterior cameras to notify my at all times, despite the geofencing. How do I make that happen? TIA

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bluegirl08 wrote:

I have cameras outside that I want to notify me at all times of any movement etc in the activity zones I have set up. I have all cameras set up for geofencing but want the exterior cameras to notify my at all times, despite the geofencing. How do I make that happen? TIA

My guess is that right now you are using the Armed mode as the "away" mode in geofencing, and the Disarmed mode as the "home" mode.

What you need to do is create a custom mode that enables the exterior cameras. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Once you've done that, you configure geofencing to use that custom mode instead of Disarmed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember in Custom modes;

any camera NOT in the active mode is off

you usu need to split up your cameras into groups , like inside/outside or front/back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation