Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 1 of 3 cameras won't push notifications or sound when it detects motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
will0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have purchased a ultra package with 3 cameras,2 camera work.1 camera wont push notifictions or sound alarm when it senses motion.Motion test works,live feed works.All settings are the same on all 3 cameras.I have removed camera and added it again.Any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
will0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All

Eventually worked it out.The cameras have a feature where you can set zones for notification.I had not set any zones on any cameras.So i set the zone for the camera that wasnt working and it started working.Dont ask me why this camera is different to the others but it solved the problem.

Thanks for the replys.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@will0,

the easiest thing to do might be to return the system to the store that you purchased it from and exchange it. Depending on how much patience you have for troubleshooting the camera before returning it, there are several things you can try.

1) swap the camera location with one of the cameras that works to be sure it is not an interference issue.

2) power cycle the base. Sometimes when firmware updates are pushed out, the hub gets confused and causes wierd problems.

3) remove all the devices and do a factory reset.

4) contact Customer Support.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@will0 wrote:

Hi

I have purchased a ultra package with 3 cameras,2 camera work.1 camera wont push notifictions or sound alarm when it senses motion.Motion test works,live feed works.All settings are the same on all 3 cameras.I have removed camera and added it again.Any ideas

Tried swapping the cameras around to see if there is a position issue?

Unlikely, but worth eliminating.

I assume that the camera is covered by a rule that triggers notifications.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
will0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All

Eventually worked it out.The cameras have a feature where you can set zones for notification.I had not set any zones on any cameras.So i set the zone for the camera that wasnt working and it started working.Dont ask me why this camera is different to the others but it solved the problem.

Thanks for the replys.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation