Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra (x3 cameras) Pre-purchase questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oabushaban
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi community,

New to Arlo world, and have few questions before making a decision to buy.

1) Smart Plan upgrade: The 3-camera kit comes with 1-annual plan (free), is it the premier or the elite plan?And, if its the premier, can I upgrade it to the Elite and pay the difference? or, should I pay new plan in full?

2) Internal Storage: If I elected to go with internal MicroSD storage, do I still get the smart features in addition to the 4k recording? i.e. Package, Person, Vehicle, & Animal Detection features or these are just cloud features?

3) Extreme weather performance. I live in Canada where winter can go down to -25c (-13f) easily. Did anyone had performance issues in such weather conditions? I know that battery charging will stop (hence, it will require indoor charging), but what about camera and battery performance?

4) Hard-wiring vs. Wireless: Can I hard-wire the camera to a power source? would that resolve the issue of cold weather performance? Or, still it will depend on the battery performance?

5) Mounting: Are the cameras hard mounted or they will be easily taken off from the wall? In other words, are they easy to be stolen and get detached from their mounts?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oabushaban,

1) The 1 year free trial included with Ultra kits is for a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier. This free plan cannot be combined or credited toward any other Arlo Smart plan.

2) With Local storage, you would be able to store 4K content. Smart notifications and cloud recordings would require a subscription to an Arlo Smart plan.

3) Arlo cameras are designed to operate in temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). For more information on this, take a look here: How do I keep my Arlo batteries charged in cold weather?

4) Arlo Ultra cameras can be permanently connected to a power source using the indoor or outdoor charging cables or the Arlo Solar Panel. For information on operating temperature and outdoor use, take a look here: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

5) There are a variety of methods for mounting Arlo cameras. Magnetic mounts or threaded mounts are an option. For mounting information, take a look here: What are some of the new ways I can mount my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oabushaban,

1) The 1 year free trial included with Ultra kits is for a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier. This free plan cannot be combined or credited toward any other Arlo Smart plan.

2) With Local storage, you would be able to store 4K content. Smart notifications and cloud recordings would require a subscription to an Arlo Smart plan.

3) Arlo cameras are designed to operate in temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). For more information on this, take a look here: How do I keep my Arlo batteries charged in cold weather?

4) Arlo Ultra cameras can be permanently connected to a power source using the indoor or outdoor charging cables or the Arlo Solar Panel. For information on operating temperature and outdoor use, take a look here: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

5) There are a variety of methods for mounting Arlo cameras. Magnetic mounts or threaded mounts are an option. For mounting information, take a look here: What are some of the new ways I can mount my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation