Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra wont record video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kawliga-exu
Tutor
Tutor

Currently have Pro2 base hub and 4 Pro2 cameras. Added and connected successfully new Ultra camera.

It appears in my devices and I can see live feed ok. However it does not show up in my rules under armed. when I go to settings it shows me the option to set a trigger for audio only, the record video is not able to be selected?

How can I get this new camera to record video. I have no plan or subscription but I still want it to record video like my other cameras do when a motion alert is triggered

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kawliga-exu,

Arlo Ultra requires a subscription for recordings to be saved to the cloud. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, no recordings can be saved to the cloud.

JamesC

Kawliga-exu
Tutor
Tutor

It is actually a Pro 3 I bought but believe it needs a plan also. I don't know how to get my free years plan....as camera was just purchased last fall.

on my app it wont even allow me to select that pro 3 camera for a plan...it shows all 5 of my cams but wont let me select anything. I need to get this new camera able to record.....the camera site is several thousand miles away and wont be there for several months

Thanks for any help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kawliga-exu,

In what country are you using your Arlo system? Subscription plans are not available in all countries. For more information on this, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation