Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
jengio77
Guide
Guide
I see that if my internet connection doesn't works for some minutes, in this time all new video are lost, both in cloud and in SD card. Is it normal? I talk about only internet issue, no power issue. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have tested the Pro/Pro2 systems  (by pulling off internet) and have found that the system record to the usb backup as long as the system has power... have no doubt the Ultra works the same way if a mem card is installed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jengio77
Guide
Guide
My SD card works, buy if I unplug the Ethernet cable on base station, I don't find new video in the Cloud and in the SD card. Is this by design?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jengio77 wrote:
....if I unplug the Ethernet cable on base station, I don't find new video in the Cloud ...

By doing that you have disabled your Arlo system.

New videos can't get to the cloud without an Internet connection. That's what the Ethernet cable is for.

@jengio77 wrote:
I don't find new video in the Cloud and in the SD card. Is this by design?

I assume that you mean or on the SD card.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jengio77
Guide
Guide

I mean that if there's some temporary issue with the internet connection (I unplug ethernet cable to simulate it), I would like to see the video on the SD card... or this is not possible?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what's supposed to happen. It's a backup for when the Internet connection is broken. Of course, right now you have to eject the card properly to view the videos.

jengio77
Guide
Guide

If I eject the card properly, in the SD card I find only the videos recorded when the internet connection works.

My test:

1) Unplug the ethernet cable on base station

2) Wait orange led

3) Make a movement on camera

4) Plug the ethernet cable on base station

5) Wait blue led

6) Secure eject of SD card

7) Reading SD card on PC I find only old videos

What's wrong?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jengio77,

Check here to make sure you've set up local storage correctly: How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

JamesC

jengio77
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

I've set up local storage correctly, on my SD card I find all the videos recorded when internet works.

I'm unable to find on SD card the videos when internet doesn't work.

I simulate this issue unplug the ethernet cable on base station.

Ideas?

Dazler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you got it to work.

I just tested mine and I was able to find the two videos.
jengio77
Guide
Guide
Now It works. I think that the solution is to wait more time from step to another step. If the internet goes down, the base station takes long time to switch in "SD card" mode.
Dazler
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is strange as it should record to the base SD regardless as long as you selected to record to SD card.
To have the 4k videos.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation