Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra: unable to pair/update and camera often loses connection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
drakein
Follower
Follower

I purchased the Ultra 4 camera pack (with base station): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Wire-Free-Security-Outdoor-Spotlight/dp/B07K4DXH43/

I have been able to connect 3 of the cameras, but the 4th is not working reliably at all.  I have also attempted to contact Arlo support via email and chat -- both did not work even though both indicated that they were available.  Hilariously the errors both asked me to... contact Arlo support. 

The problematic camera is serial number 5GG3977VA1731.

On some occasions I am able to pair the camera, but I have never been able to upgrade the firmware.  Most times even pairing is impossible. I have fully charged the camera and positioned it within inches of the base station each time. I have tried holding the pairing button until I hear a "click" and retrying the operation as well. 

I've left the camera on for hours, and strangely after returning it *seems* to be upgraded to the latest firmware as the others now (1.070.50.2_205_oc7c8e1) but the camera is extremely unreliable.  Its never moved more than a foot away from the base station, but is listed as unavailable/offline more often than online.  

Do I have a faulty unit?  I've owned this setup for less than a day and honestly I'm shocked.  Asking the community is my last attempt as salvaging the situation -- I want these cameras to work, but they'll need to be a lot more reliable than this, and the support needs to be a lot better from the company.  Pretty shocking for a 1000 GBP purchase (on Amazon).  

2 REPLIES 2
Razor483
Tutor
Tutor

I have a 2 camera setup and one of the two units is similarly defective.  It routinely drops connection and had difficulty updating firmware properly.  It's in the process of being RMA'd back to Arlo and replaced with a new unit.  The other unit works well though... and it's recording in 4K quite well even with basically only 1 bar of signal.  Seems like as long as the camera is connected to the base station reliably, the cameras perform as advertised. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

drakein,

It sounds like this could be an issue with just the one camera if the other 3 aren't behaving the same way. i've opened and escalated a support ticket on this issue. An agent will reach out to you with more information shortly.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation