Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I took delivery of my VMS5240 (Arlo Ultra 2 camera pack) earlier this week.

2 cameras in the box. 1 outdoor mount and 1 indoor mount.

I would like to purchase another outdoor mount however the only mount available on the Arlo website says that it is designed for

Arlo
Arlo Pro
Arlo Go

link:
https://www.arlo.com/au/products/arlo/outdoor-mount.aspx

The photos of this mount show a hole in the bottom of the camera which the Ultra does not have. The hole in the Ultra is at the back. The mount on the website also looks different to the mount supplied with my Ultra (see attached file to this post)

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@del13r 

I have used both of the mounts pictured successfully on all 5 of my Ultra cameras. I don't believe that Arlo made a new outdoor mount specifically for the Ultra cameras. Amazon and Best Buy also sell these.

Brian

del13r
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,  

Thanks for replying. Please check my attached picture as an example of the different mount that was supplied with the camera.

brh
Master
Master

@del13r,

Very Interesting! The wall mounts that came with my Ultra cameras were the same as the old ones. This looks like a new design and i can not find any like that listed on Amazon or Best Buy. Still, the old ones will work - they are a little bit taller than the one in your picture. You might have to wait a couple of months for the newer ones to arrive at retail stores if you do not want to use the older ones.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The new mount is slightly different from the old version, a bit sjorter and simpler construction. Some people prefer the old one, others like the new one. I have used Ultra cameras on the old style with new problems.

They mounts are interchangeable. They all use the same standard tripod thread. So, as @brh says any mount that holds a camera will work.

If you want the new style ones because they look better, they are certainly shorter, I haven't seen  any sign that they are available. Then again, none of the Ultra add ons – including some, like power cables, that you would think should be there from day one – has yet to appear. I have seen dates as far ahead as July for some of these things.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation