Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I was outside on the camera end and someone was talking to me with the two way talk and after I spoke I heard myself on the camera end like an echo.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

It sounds like you experienced a feedback loop. This happens when your mobile device with the mic open is too close to the camera and the speaker on the camera loops into the mobile devices microphone.

This will often manifest into a high pitched sound coming from the camera and/or your mobile devices speaker.

For more information you can take a look here: I hear a high-pitched sound when I stream live video from my Arlo camera; what do I do?

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you for the reply but how close is too close? The camera is outside in the back and the person talking to me was inside in the very front.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Oh okay, in that case it sounds like what happened was the person who had the mobile device still had the push to talk button held down when you replied from the camera side. The mobile device speaker then fed back into the microphone so you heard yourself on the camera end.

This can be avoided by releasing the push to talk button on the mobile device after speaking.

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
This could all be avoided by making an actual good way to have a two way convo like ring instead of the push to talk once then having to click the button again to hear a response.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation