Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
royboz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have an Arlo Ultra connected to the Arlo Pro2 Base station. Works fine and get clear 4K resolution. 

However every few days it freezes and I have to reset the base station to get connection again. Got full wireless signal. If its frozedn when I try live I get 'The request timed out'

Base station: VMB4000r3

Firmware 1.1515.0.1_3162_d8788

Camera: Arlo Ultra H8 
Firmware: 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try restarting your wifi router/AP and then restarting your Arlo base station to change what channels they run on. See if that helps

royboz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, will try that. Is there a way to see what channel the base station is using?

I forgot to mention I do have 3 x Arlo Pro 2's running off the same base station and can still connect to them when the ultra fails to connect

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can download one of many different "wifi analyzer" apps that show all the nearby networks and what channels they're running on plus signal strength etc

Make sure your router isn't broadcasting its 2.4GHz network on Channel 13

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think this is normal.  I have to reboot my base every 2 days to prevent this proactively

royboz
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is still happening unfortunately. I've run wifi analyser and it seems that the base station could be running on channel 11? (Based in Australia).   Have moved it closer to the Arlo camera - is now less than 5 meters. Was ok for about a week, and this week have had to reboot base station twice. All other Arlo Pro 2 cameras are still fine and its only the Arlo Ultra that disconnects. What I've noticed is the blue light stays on Ultra when its hung? Is it worth purchasing an additional  base station (Ultra) and only connected this camera to it?
royboz
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's disappointing. Do you have the arlo ultra base station? Wondering if this is an issue wihh the arlo pro 2 base station and arlo camera
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You could get another base station or Arlo SmartHub but you really shouldn't have to. You said Wifi Analyzer said you could use channel 11 as it's the clearest? So if you log into your wifi router and change the 2.4GHz channel to channel 11, then restart your Arlo base station, Wifi Analyzer should tell you that both your wifi and VMB base station are on channel 11. See how that goes with regards to the Ultra dropping off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation