Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I have 2 VMB5000 base stations and 5 ultra cameras at home, every few days randomly the cameras stop recording CVR and you get that blank section in the video history when you look back at it. This also stops the alert pinging up and the recording for the motion detection and you can’t log into the camera to view it in live mode.

It affects cameras randomly but if I reboot the base stations it brings the camera back to life again. The cameras are all wired to the mains, is this a known bug? If there is no way around this issue can we get an option built into the iPhone app to have a lab automated base station reboot at a users set time?

All my cameras are up to date along with their base stations, have CVR on 5 of the 5 cameras and have the elite plan I believe.

Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that there's a signal strength/quality issue. Bring a camera close to the hub for testing.

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor

The cameras are only a few meters away from the base station, one of the cameras on its own base station is sat 6ft above the base station so it’s not that.

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor
Can customer support look into this please? Does any one else have this issue?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor
I purchased some smart plugs that are on a timer to turn off and back on the base station, seems ok so far... fingers crossed.
AHAH
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo Pro 2 system and have been having the same issue for most of this year. It has absolutely nothing to do with signal strength and resetting the base station/removing the cameras/re-adding the cameras/checking modes, etc. has nothing to do with it. Usually the power to the base station needs to be cycled several times to kick the settings back in. Users have been complaining of this issue for nearly 2 years. The issue is across all models, new and old. It’s obviously a server or firmware issue that Arlo is refusing to fix. So much for paying good money for CVR and an elite subscription....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

JBar900
Tutor
Tutor

We are having the same issue and every time I do a live chat for help with Arlo they are no help and tell me to reboot every single time - which we do all the time as our cameras stop working daily - Arlo cannot tell us why.  This all started happening in November - we had no issues prior.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JBar900

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 42201066

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor

Let me know if deleting your cameras and re pairing them and having to pay to add them to cvr works and corrects this issue 😛

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation